BO15 TIERRA CRUISERA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assumed I'd be covering this imperfection with earth decals, but that didn't happen.
IMG_2501.JPG

So I went to my decal/sticker box and found this. I like how the print follows the curvature of the chain wheel. I aint got no crystal ball, but I predict some of you fondly remember this band.
IMG_2502.JPG

I really like that matte blue paint on there. It's perfect with the brown tires. Looking sharp!

I must have missed something; did you paint the crank arms and kickstand at some point?
On my monitor they have kind of a coppery satin finish. I like it.

I must have missed something; did you paint the crank arms and kickstand at some point?
On my monitor they have kind of a coppery satin finish. I like it.
Yes; and bearing cups, bell crank, some bolts and washers, too. Did the head badge, but it seemed garish, so I did it the same color as the frame. It's quite three-dimensional, so it stands out even though it's the same color. Left other parts black or bare metal, 'cause there's a fine line between 'just enough' and 'too much.'
IMG_2520.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

That Sturmey shifter is a nice piece. Is this 3 speed, I don't remember..
Yes, Nexus three-speed. Had an awful time dialing it in this morning until I discovered I had the wrong size shift rod in the axle. Duh. Fortunately, I keep one of each of three sizes in stock. Now it shifts beautifully. All that's left is pedals, which should arrive tomorrow.

Great paint work! It has all the marks of a good rider, and style to boot!

This came out nice. The blue and browns play well together. Have fun riding it! CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back