BO15 TIERRA CRUISERA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to finish the crank arms and headset cups in a hammered copper metallic, for some contrast.
IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2499.JPG

I'm making progress. I changed my mind about color. Bought a can of Rustoleum Ultra-Matte Evening Navy months ago. I thought it would look okay with the tan/brown soft parts. And hey, two thirds of the earth is covered with water, so the color of the deep blue sea is proper for an Earth Cruiser.
I sanded the frame with a medium sanding sponge, followed by a fine sponge. Did not give it a primer coat, since Rustoleum claims it's a paint and primer in one. I must say, it covered very nicely. Here's the frame hangin' from the ol' paintin' tree.
20200717_095801.jpg

It took two coats, and there's still quite a bit left in the can.

Last edited:
I had one of these many years ago. I put skinnier higher pressure tires, a road seat and a flat bar on it. It was way faster and I loved it as my away from home bike until someone else liked it more and cut my lock. The aluminum frame is much lighter than most cruisers. Good luck with your build

NOW we're getting somewhere. I dug out some narrow and lightweight alloy handlebars that will help reduce the girth on my Earth Cruiser. I think I have a name: GLEC, (Girth Loser Earth Cruiser.)
View attachment 127613
Right now I'm leaning toward the mustache bars (with a little nudging from OddJob.)
The middle bar is interesting to me, never seen one.

SD, your bike is looking real 'earthy'. Carole King would approve, as well as I.

She's a roller! The original seatpost wouldn't attach to the saddle, but I had a choice of two suspension seatposts in my stash. I am quite pleased so far. I'm just waiting for a brown cable housing and an earth decal for the chain ring; then I'll be able to set up the drive train. The waiting for deliveries will give me time to tend to little details.
20200718_105334.jpg

I wasn't getting the blue frame color you picked in the bigger picture but now seeing it all together I say "Well played sir". It is surf & turf the earth.

SD, I know we are about the same 'vint-age', and your pedal order reminded me of these earth shoes from our more youthful days.
Earth-shoe-repair.jpg

The 'lowered heel' design was supposed to be more like our natural foot shape.

While waiting for delivery of a coupla things, I ordered these, too. (and I really thought I wouldn't spend any money on bikes this month!)
View attachment 129777
These will look great with those tires.

I have the same tires on my western flyer. Total class.

Also, the white wall is reflective which I was not wild about when ordering but us actually sort of cool.

These will look great with those tires.

I have the same tires on my western flyer. Total class.

Also, the white wall is reflective which I was not wild about when ordering but us actually sort of cool.
And highly reflective! In fact, I'll be removing the snap-on reflector from the wheel; it's totally redundant.

Latest posts

Back