THRIFT STORE FIND - RAT ROD BIKE MADE w/1930s FORD PARTS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all newbie here,
I collect vintage bikes; mostly 10 & 12 speed road bikes + some old school bmx bikes. But when I saw this bike someone built with old 1930s Ford parts at a local thrift store I had to have it!
But this is my first rat rod bike & I don't know anything about them. Can anyone tell me what I have or what you think?
I paid $125 for it - did I get a good deal?
Thank you in advance for any info

Attachments

• BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 1A_aaa.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 1A_aaa.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 268
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 3AAZZ.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 3AAZZ.jpg
    874.1 KB · Views: 263
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 4AAA.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 4AAA.jpg
    786.4 KB · Views: 239
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 4CAA.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 4CAA.jpg
    638.3 KB · Views: 232
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 5AA.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 5AA.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 219
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 5BAA.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 5BAA.jpg
    756 KB · Views: 238
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 6AA.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 6AA.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 249
  • BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 7AA.jpg
    BICYCLE RAT ROD BICYCLE 7AA.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 198
RatRod values are tough... If the parts on it are authentic, if the frame is desirable, there can be value in parting it out. I've seen repop versions of that tail light for sale for over sixty bucks. And the massive headlight bucket, I know a few guys who build motorbikes that would be Keen on that...
The real value of a rat comes down to the cool. Do you think you could walk into Malwart and get a bike that cool for $125?

I put it on FB marketplace for $300 - fair price? (although it will probably have to be a local sale - it's a l_o_n_g bike!

I'd say it's fair... Keeping in mind the psychology of buying and selling. Apparently, the majority of sellers are willing to take 2/3rds of their asking price;). You should be able to make some money.
To be honest, you're probably in the wrong place for resale value, we're pretty cheap here, and I don't think most of us sell our rats. Around here, we buy the cheap junk bikes, and turn em into what you've got, with varying degrees of success.

No worries - I didn't post here to sell it I was more interested in finding out more about minne or any other like it with car parts because I couldn't find any!

There are a few. One guy just turned a Studebaker into a pedal car. Another guy keeps posting pictures of an antique tractor hood and he's got something good up his sleeve for sure. There are a couple of bikes with car steering wheels rolling around, and Kingfish will put stuff on a bike that'd blow your mind! Poke around a bit, you'll find car parts and stuff

Latest posts

Back