This is a little odd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
A couple years ago I picked up an "ALL PRO" badged Huffy Super Stock 3 for my daughter's future bike. I recently picked up a very derelict Super Stock 5. (http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/69-huffy-super-stock-v.96980/) So I bought a girls Super Stock 3 for the good parts to swap on it. So now I have 2 girls frames. I thought they were identical until tonight when I actually sat them together. Look what I found! Both are 1969. The Huffy is the top one, and the All Sport is the bottom. Look at the difference in curved tubes, which equates to a longer frame for the Huffy, and a slightly more laid back seat tube angle. I just found it very strange that there would be these subtle differences in frames that I thought would be completely identical! Weird. (P.S., I've decided to build the Huffy frame because I think the longer bike will look better)

Ks2HiC.jpg

A couple years ago I picked up an "ALL PRO" badged Huffy Super Stock 3 for my daughter's future bike. I recently picked up a very derelict Super Stock 5. (http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/69-huffy-super-stock-v.96980/) So I bought a girls Super Stock 3 for the good parts to swap on it. So now I have 2 girls frames. I thought they were identical until tonight when I actually sat them together. Look what I found! Both are 1969. The Huffy is the top one, and the All Sport is the bottom. Look at the difference in curved tubes, which equates to a longer frame for the Huffy, and a slightly more laid back seat tube angle. I just found it very strange that there would be these subtle differences in frames that I thought would be completely identical! Weird. (P.S., I've decided to build the Huffy frame because I think the longer bike will look better)

Ks2HiC.jpg
Distorted double vision

Interesting info . and photo.

Wondered if the difference was one was a 24" non super stock but had to go back and reread and you said both were SS3's.
Will have to dig my 69 SS3 frame out and see how the curves look on that one.
I do have a 24" girls Buzz Bike badged muscle bike that was 24x1.75" front and rear, with the normal 66 Rail style chainguard. wonder if the curves/ height/ length differ on the non Super Stock frames and maybe one was used for one of those bikes, if they were 'out' of SS frames that week ?
One of the things I love about the muscle bike hobby is all the variations and minute differences and the sleuthing, always something new to discover.

Maybe they had to kind of freestyle the front ends on the girls bikes? The rear triangles look identical. Down tube(s?) look way different.

Latest posts

Back