They where free

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can cheaply get them rideable do it, andtry selling them and see what the local market is. The NEXT bikes are typical Wally World trash, and disposable. I had a friend with one of those and she trashed the Bottom bracket parts in no time. The Roadmaster looks slightly older and is a solid (non suspension)frame, and might be worth fooling with. Or just hang onto them for parts. I wouldn't expect to get more than $35 or so for the NEXT bikes at a yard sale..

I wouldn't put much money into them if I were you, but if you can get them rideable and they were free, maybe shoot for $20 each on them and you'd be doing ok. If the tires are good, I'd take everything useable off of them (grips, kickstand, shifters, etc.) and scrap the rest. FYI, Roadmaster Mt. Fury and Mt. Sport models are just about the cheapest full sized bikes you can buy new. I would value the Roadmaster at less than the NEXT bikes.

Or just donate them to kids who can't afford a bike and feel good about yourself.

the next are best if you part them out as djbill said ,their pretty cheaply made.
the red road master might be able to be fixed but again their on the lower end.
i think djbill is right on maybe 35 each if you did a little work on them.
as i always say whenever guessing a value, if i had them in my shop for sale i would ticket them at 40 and let the people talk me down to 35 or 30 each and see what happens.
but ,whenever i get road masters or next they are a tough sell.
hope that helps out
Sean

Good idea with the ad. You'll probably find that most of you calls will be for these Next class bikes, but I bet that every now and then you will get a "real" bike. I definitely would not put ANY money into them. Any time that I have come across one, I have quickly broken it down for parts and scrap. You can use those rear ends for some cool longtail builds. http://www.bikeforums.net/utility-cycling/377128-home-built-xtracycle.html

Those NEXT bikes have an aluminum frame. May be worth more as scrap....

But you will be able to sell them all day long at a garage sale for $40. I sold a NEXT Power Climber for $45 at a garage sale a few weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back