the wife needed a cuiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my wife usualy doesn't get into my hobbies, we kind of do our own thing for entertainment, but she flipped when she saw my rat for the first time and asked me to build her one as a replacement for her trek mtb that she gave to my brother.

so I nosed around for a while and came up with a rough and rusty cruizer for $10.00
I brought it home and worked on it in secret for a few nights ad got it media blasted, primed and back in color

IMG_2387.jpg

one more night before she cought on and got a chance to see it

IMG_2391.jpg

the bike was real rough when I got it, all of the rivits for everything were rotten out

IMG_2392.jpg

but punker spikes fix everything

IMG_2393.jpg

when I got it there was no neck emblem, and I thought it needed some thing there, so tonight I grabbed some aluminum a drill, a coping saw, my anvil and dead blow hammer and went to town

IMG_2395.jpg

now shes got some knuckles

IMG_2399.jpg

next up is the seat, and the plastic peddles have to go
looking at it in the pictures I think I need to get some spokes powder coated white and a red rim set
more pics as I progress

Actually, I'm finding that head badge a little "scary"!.....It's COOL, but something about it FREAKS me out.

cant go wrong with black and white :mrgreen:
be aware though my bikes snowballed after i did one for the wife(just hope shes cool and youve got a garage or shed to keep them in :wink: )

Ok I'm in agreement with everybody else ....The bike turned out nice...Wondering if she will get a motor too? :roll:

my wife usualy doesn't get into my hobbies

I think that's the basis of most successful marriages.......

Actually, I'm finding that head badge a little "scary"!.....It's COOL, but something about it FREAKS me out.

It's the Cadillac of brass knuckle bikes.....

Hmmm, brass knuckle bikes.....COPYRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOTA said:

I GOT IT! It reminds me of that thing (guy) in the "SAW" movies, which I didn't see, except in trailers.

haha... is that a rat trap under the kick stand? that's very appropriate. :D

it looks good. you definatley gotta build a springer. i was brainstorming about building one myself. i'd like to see what you come up with.

as luck would have it some one left a wreck of a frame at chris's
so I got a $2.00 saddle

IMG_2416.jpg

the original rear fender is a bit hammered.
should I
A: try to straighten and put back on the original rear fender
B: just find a better one
or
C: leave it rear fenderless?

A or B. Or, how about trying the front fender on the back, no fender in front. :roll:

That is awsome!!!!!! My wife needed a cruiser too. I bought her one. Because I didn't want to give her any of my toys!

Latest posts

Back