The "Who's not gonna finish?" Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess I'll be the first to bow/wimp out! I have lost interest in the 20" build & my grandson doesn't seem excited about it either. Working a lot lately & don't have time to finish it. Any spare time I do have will be dedicated to building my X-53 frame I just recently found a fork for. My grandson seems content with his latest bike. A bone stock 50's? 20" Western Flyer, German Made.

I might not get Glendular Fever finished I'm afraid.

Reasons:

1. The frame is pretty ugly as is and I wanted to cover it somehow. I have started a cardboard form that I thought I would paper mache over, then paint on top… but the weather here is currently not conducive to that course of action. :(

2. I can't find any of that aluminium flashing that kingfish mentioned. :confused:

3. I will most likely be going away from about the 30th of July until about the 6th of August, so running out of time. :eek:

4. Laziness. :whistle:

More reasons might be added as I think them up. :39:

Glen.

As far as everyone else knows, I'll finish, but half the ideas I have come up with in my mind may not be realized. Too much labor-intensive work, and not enough free time. I'll likely present a "finished" bike, but keep adding to it after the fact, as others often do.
I agree, my builds are always a "work-in-progress; and I am sure a vast majority of us feel this way. Ain't it great!

Last edited:
I may be one of the few that will be completely finished! All I have is assembly left and then the bike is completely done, nothing more I want to add... :dance2:

I guess that is the advantage of trying to build a bike that looks like a production model, adding anything else to it now will only take away from that focus...

Complete opposite of BigJim last year, it was nowhere near finished...

Luke.

Pick, I'm bummed that you won't finish a BO9 build, but I can totally respect and understand your decision. Heck, after winning the WBO with the inspiRATional "irRATional" build, you deserve a break. I am still in awe of that ratty perfection of a build!!!

I'll never get all the original ideas I had for Little Neutrino done...
Some changed. Some are beyond my skill set.
A couple were realized on other bikes in the build off...
They beat me to it and I don't wanna be a copycat.
Done? Not yet... Finished? Never!
But if I had to submit it today I could.
I've been riding it for the last two weeks!

Carl.

All I have to do is drive 60 miles round trip for a chain, and I might not have time to do that. New job is killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sweatin' b/c i'm still waiting on some spokes..... if they get here in time, I'm good. If not, I'll have to throw a coaster wheelset on'r.

I am waiting on a rear coaster wheel,if it doesnt arrive I can always put another in its place,but I would not connect the engine or gear shifter...Bike would be rolling and working,just with a heavy doodad...:D

My "stingray trike" has been ride able for a couple of weeks . Led headlights, tail lights. All paint and body work are finished, all the wiring, battery box and control box are ready for the electric motor that's to arrive this week. At 72 this becomes my "mobility scooter" to be mainly used at Daytona car shows and Bike week where walking all day is a bit much. And what a better place to show my bike off than at one of the largest shows in the country.
20140712_133930.jpg

When is the deadline?

Finished bike photos must be posted in the "Finished Bikes" thread by 10:00 p.m. CST on Sunday, August 3rd

Oh boy. I had planned on finishing early so I had all summer to find photo locations with my MIL. Looks like I'll be lucky if I can finish, and rushing to take photos.

Latest posts

Back