The Unridden

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This project was built because I heard about a bike that was at a nascar race that people were paying to try to ride. Seems that they were offering $100. to anyone that could ride the thing 10 feet. I thought I would build one to practice on, and if I ever run into someone doing this I would clean up. Building the bike is the easy part. I can switch the stem from one hole to the other and make the bike normal or deadly. I took it to work and it was a riot watching the victims flopping all over.
1rcycle.jpg

2rcycle.jpg

gearz.jpg

I had this bike at Holly for the Dickens ride, my son Brian rode it in the normal mode

that is crazy, it looks like a lot of fun as long as you're not the one trying to ride it.

yeah, they have one at our local fair... always wanted to build one... where did you get the cogs?

I got the gears out of a dumpster, they were on a busted copy machine. I loaded the whole machine on the back of my bike, it wasn't quite as bad as the kohler engine I hauled once. I ripped it apart when I got home, had all kinds of shafts , sproketts, gears, chains,cables, aluminum bits and some nasty stuff also. I have heard of others using cam gears out of junk lawnmower engines for making bikes like this.

my friend made one of these. it was his daily rider, so i got to learn. (yes i said daily rider!)

won 50 bucks at the state fair. they wouldnt let me ride the other 3 days i went to the fair. haha.

they were mad when i got on and did like 10 circles.

Latest posts

Back