The uGlY fIxIe thread is back!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good sirs, I have complete faith in you and your methods. I was putting out the info for the benefit of other viewers. I'm pretty new to the custom bike scene, and was super excited when I "discovered" front drums that are still available new.
f

I've used the SA drum front for about 5 years on one of my clunkers. They advise you not to do this, but. They really help a clunker on single track over just using a coster brake. My Clunker had no mounts for a caliper brake They also bed in and get a little more powerful with use. You have to adjust it until it rubs and back off a tiny bit. If you come into a corner a little too fast the front brake helps the coaster scrub off just enough speed to keep you on the trail. I think they are better than most caliper brakes for clunkers as they work in all conditions. If you build a coaster clunker for single track then a front SA drum is a good investment, despite what they say against this. Just be careful not to over tighten the nuts on the axle as they are easily stripped. I stripped a SA front axle trying to put too much stuff on there (truss Rods). I also have an old Arai drum brake.

Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The routing on the yellow bike is NOT pretty!
Some side pulls can be set up with the cable pulling the bottom arm.View attachment 108917
That plus these cable guides could give you the option to run a rear brakeView attachment 108919
I have noticed that those metal things scratch the frame real bad. I might be getting a Keno with those metal things and I will just run a single, front center pull brake and an eliminator lever on the top of the drop bars. If I do get the purple bike, I will keep it a 10 speed because it has some nice Shimano downtube shifters. This bike is not it.
502269728_e8648355d2_b.jpg

Here is the purple bike I might get.
20191108_181334.jpg

On the yellow bike, I will do the same thing, except the yellow bike will be a singlespeed.
20191101_180139.jpg

Those stock brakes are weird and have too many unnecessary moving components, which have seized. I will use one of these.
$_1.JPG

For both, will get one of these.
DSC00378.JPG

Those cheap Murray 10 and 12 speed bikes don't even have shifter cable bosses.:eek: They are just good for singlespeeds in my opinion. The lack of bosses make them sleek looking singlespeeds.:banana:
GrantHarris-1.jpg

Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bike was stolen, so I am glad I did not take it for free and it was reported to the police.
20191101_194815.jpg

The paint was a cover up and it looked like this when it was stolen.
racer-pink.jpg

Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Judging by the Ceepo website and their prices (frames alone around 4500$, but on sale for 2200$ - get yours now!) must be some designer drugs. So if the driver of a Rolls Royce with tinted windows says he has an interesting offer for you try to ignore him.
I am not into sport bikes myself, but this one is evil.
Ceepo is no Cheepo!

Oct 28, 2018
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My own a while ago: Why is it ugly you might ask?
Well for starters, the rear sprocket is a freewheel type which I found in the dumpster and then welded it (very ugly weld) so that it is a "fixed gear".

The first handlebar was made from broomstick-wood. It broke during the first trip...

The paint job is nice though...

Does that bike have... cottered cranks?