The trooper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna try again, I've never been able to finish a winter build off, over time at work, ice racing and a lack of heat in my cellar have conspired against me. With that in mind, this is gonna be a simple bike, mostly just bolting stuff together. Not really in this for votes I just wanna play along cuz these build offs are fun :) I bought this transgender Colson looptail frame from Danimal at the last Dudley swap meet for a price I couldn't pass up
7b24bfd6736006031d2e663cacff603c.jpg
He said it was built by Walker a few years back and changed hands a few times, I'm gonna build it into a sort of urban klunker hot rod, I want to keep it simple because I want the frame to be the center of attention so I'm thinking a light, bright color and minimal extra stuff, stay tuned :)

That's a wild looking frame for sure.
Seems we'll both be searching for forks.
Trooper theme is interesting...
Could go a number of ways.

Carl.

It looks like a 20" converted to a 26" or vice versa. or it started growing extra seat stays...Like the look of it.

I bumped one of @Walker 's build threads on that frame for you. That thing is sweet!!!!

I bumped one of @Walker 's build threads on that frame for you. That thing is sweet!!!!

Thanks Kingfish, I looked around when I first bought the frame but didn't find anything. I like knowing the history, and want to give credit where it's due. I swiped some pictures from Walker's build thread, here's the frame as it started
7bd7675e67b766e46e452ea24ed1f49d.jpg
his concept drawing
85071eb57a90c5c8a8c482efd6819330.jpg
and the bike as he had it mocked up
d8b413e9f9ee7721ee1babe61cab653b.jpg
I'm aiming for a much simpler bike, no fenders or chain guard or such

It's always fun to follow the genealogy of bikes and parts. I like you idea on your build. It sounds like it will show off the beauty of that frame. Have fun, I'm jealous!

One of the best heavy metal albums ever made :rockout:

I like the COLOR !

Nice work so far! Cool frame and the color is 'mint'!

Great looking frame to start with . I love a twin bar loop tail . Aces high to ya may the Albatros lead your path & run for the hills!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Is that a pale blue or a turquoise? Love it

Is that a pale blue or a turquoise? Love it

It's more of a blue than it looks in the picture, the flash makes it look whiter and lighter than it is. When I get some wheels under it I'll take some pics outside to hopefully show the color better

Latest posts

Back