The Throwback is completed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Throwback

In the blink of an eye my paint scheme has been changed (good thing I am still a couple steps away from painting)... all because of a pair of hand grips I found, that are totally AWESOME! I also did a mock up on the bike tonight. Will post pic. tomorrow. :lol:

jackmac4 said:
I also did a mock up on the bike tonight.

So jealous :cry: 1st mock up up of yuor 1st build off and it looks really really good. I love the looks of this bike already, and parts are still being held on with zip ties. Not "feeling" mine this year. Gotta get back down there and get caught up with you, Baby!

Here's the mock up I did last night. Hopefully I don't find any other amazing parts that "force" me to change things again. Just need to finish sanding the fork and then it's ready for primer.

ChrisMac said:
jackmac4 said:

So jealous :cry: 1st mock up up of yuor 1st build off and it looks really really good. I love the looks of this bike already, and parts are still being held on with zip ties. Not "feeling" mine this year. Gotta get back down there and get caught up with you, Baby!

Tomorrow IS Father's day... we could spend the day working on them. :wink:

Lookin good! :mrgreen:

I really like the contrast of the spokes! Looks slick! :wink:

jackmac4 said:

Here's the mock up I did last night. Hopefully I don't find any other amazing parts that "force" me to change things again. Just need to finish sanding the fork and then it's ready for primer.
How many spokes are on those bad boys? Also I wouldn't add much more to that build than what is there already.

dracothered said:
How many spokes are on those bad boys? Also I wouldn't add much more to that build than what is there already.

Um, alot! :) I'll let you know an exact amount after I have to mask them off to paint the rims 8)

jackmac4 said:
ChrisMac said:
jackmac4 said:

So jealous :cry: 1st mock up up of your 1st build off and it looks really really good. I love the looks of this bike already, and parts are still being held on with zip ties. Not "feeling" mine this year. Gotta get back down there and get caught up with you, Baby!

Tomorrow IS Father's day... we could spend the day working on them. :wink:

the world may never know.......

Looks GREAT!

Laurie

That's a mean looking little beastie!!!
Keep it up!

thats one tough looking little beast cool build!!

Troy

jackmac4 said:
dracothered said:

Um, alot! :) I'll let you know an exact amount after I have to mask them off to paint the rims 8)
yep there sure is allot of them there... :mrgreen:

Received some of the "goodies' I ordered today! The grips are what made me change my paint scheme. Still keeping the throwback theme (as in a nod to the past not throw away) just in a slightly different way than I had planned. I love these grips!!

I managed to get the frame, chain guard, tank, and fork primed...

... and painted!! :p

jackmac4 said:

Received some of the "goodies' I ordered today! The grips are what made me change my paint scheme. Still keeping the throwback theme (as in a nod to the past not throw away) just in a slightly different way than I had planned. I love these grips!!
Those grips are cool. 8)

Latest posts

Back