-The Schwinn Cedar - '41 DX - DONE! - More Pics 8/2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! I hope to do a little bit more to the frame to make it look a little bit more worn out and old. Any ideas?

I think the skirts can make or brake a bike. I love the old rust color that was hidden under the cream paint. Think they will match or go with the blue frame and fenders?

Love this old Schwinn cant wait to see more

Just thinking how many people outside rat rod would have been impressed with you getting back through all those layers of yellow etc., then not believing how old it looks after you have finished.
Looks great so far.

Didn't get much done today, but I got the cream paint off of the fender braces.
I need to mock everything up again to see how the rusty skirts and braces look.

It's hard to get the pot metal to bend without breaking.
Since you already have plans for a tank on this bike, why not save the hoody to use in the tank area on a future build.

It's hard to get the pot metal to bend without breaking.
Since you already have plans for a tank on this bike, why not save the hoody to use in the tank area on a future build.
Hmmm, well IF I can get it to fit, what do you think of it?

I got it for pretty cheap and it's broken on the back side, so it's a good candidate to play around with.

Could you cut it down and use front fin area?

Honest opinion.........I think it's a little tooooooo large for a fender ornament. Would probably make a great frame trim/filler though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could also work on a rack if you had a shark theme going on.

Well I think I struck out with the hood ornament, going to keep looking for something a little smaller that I like. But until then I will keep on keepin on!

So I picked up some newer 20" bikes today, basically just so I could get this nanner.

Groovy huh?
Here it is mocked up.

Not sure yet if I will use it yet, but if I do it will either be bare metal or recovered. No hippy flowers for this bike.

I dug through my wheels to find a set to paint black. Come to find out something is wrong with at least one rim in all three of my sets. I never really looked at this set thinking they were real ruff and would need to be rebuilt. After I pulled them down and inspected them, they are prolly my best set of rims!(besides the blue ones with the whitewalls that I have in earlier pics).

So these rims got a bath and a flat clear coat. I will work on more pictures later, until then, here's a tireless shot.

It was a PITA to get everything to line up just right, but I got it! Those Elgin skirt guards wouldn't line up with anything! But they had to be used!!!!

Here is where the bike sits as of now.

I'm finally getting somewhere! I'm happy with the paint colors. The blue I picked almost matches the rusty fenders just right.

Well it's hours past my bedtime. More tomorow?

Latest posts

Back