The Rollfast Controversy...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: dudde!!

ricksterr1221 said:
Wild paint man! i love it! that head light is killer haha grap the shot gun LETS GO SHININ FER DEER! Haha this bike is gonna be sweeet! :D KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

haha a shot gun for deer? do you use a buck shot or whatever its called, i dont think a regular shot gun shell would work. lol

cman said:
Nice work with the paint and detailing. I like the stand!

i just discovered that the stand is multi functional!

DSC02290.jpg

Get the gas!

the u.p.s. guy just came....

New white, Hunt-Wilde grips...

DSC02287.jpg

threw a set on the Target bike as well...

DSC02288.jpg

new crank (the old one was bent, and rusty...)

new crank with original chainring...

DSC02292.jpg

it's getting there... need to figure out the bars and seat...

oct.

kemmer said:
october said:
... i have done restorations on vintage Vespas...

You're into old scooters too eh? I'm trying to finish my custom 81 Bajaj, then I'll do my '62 Lambretta rat rod style.

i had a bunch, including a 64', and a 58', got rid of a lot of em though....

the one's i kept are: 74' primavera small frame, has a 130 cylinder kit and leo vinci pipe.

and a 66' sprint, with a P200 engine in it.

october said:
kemmer said:
october said:
... i have done restorations on vintage Vespas...

You're into old scooters too eh? I'm trying to finish my custom 81 Bajaj, then I'll do my '62 Lambretta rat rod style.

i had a bunch, including a 64', and a 58', got rid of a lot of em though....

the one's i kept are: 74' primavera small frame, has a 130 cylinder kit and leo vinci pipe.

and a 66' sprint, with a P200 engine in it.

cool, I love smallframes.

OK, after some consideration, i decided that the bone and shifter contraption does not belong on this bike... i will still build it though, cause i think everyone here would get a kick out of it...

oct.

DSC02311.jpg

it's getting close...

still need to do the chain guard...

i have an idea for the seat...

guess i will need to try some different sets of handlebars before i decide on what to use.

still a lot of little details to work out...

oct.

I get all excited every time I see a new post..
It's like I'm scrolling down to see your next "Killer New Design" for the project.

The forks look great!

That Green is very nice....The Sunshine makes it look even better!

keep em comming October...

i am such a sucker for metalic 60's style paint colors. (think moth and a light bulb :) ) hmmm i think kev has some competition

so... i got out my little mad scientist electronics kit...

i completely rewired the LED flashlight... all new wiring, soldered everything direct to the board... it now runs on 4 AA batteries, and is hooked up to a DPDT center off switch. it is set up like this: lowbeam/off/highbeam. by using the double pole switch, i can now hook up, say, a taillight, and have it run on it's own separate power, but both the headlight and taillight would be controlled by one switch.

DSC02428.jpg

got new chrome screws to hold it back together...

ooooooh....

DSC02431.jpg

i'm thinking of running it fenderless... i am liking the way it looks... it is very uncluttered, and it looks long. i am finishing paint on the chainguard, though i might leave that off as well...

bars could be tough... i have tried a few variations, and though giant apes make it really fun to ride, i think it detracts from the overall appearance...

oct.

ok, i know i withdrew my "bone shifter" contraption once already...
but i need something "mad scientist" on here to go with the other build's hand grenade springers, saw blade sprocket covers, bullet hand grips, crystal doorknob shifters, leaf springers etc.

so i'm going to build it anyway... except with out the bone stick shift.

here are my parts again...

DSC02165.jpg

old shifter, welded the center shaft on each side, then cut in half...

DSC02181.jpg

found this reflector on one of my dump bikes...

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02430.jpg

forget the reflector... the part i'm after is the bracket/clamp...

DSC02436.jpg

it was originally designed to use a shifter/cable to operate the device...

hmmm...

maybe it will use an electric motor instead?

secret button/switch?

oh yeah, by the way, my signature.... doesn't actually say "flip"...

Re: dudde!!

poorhotrodboy said:
ricksterr1221 said:
Wild paint man! i love it! that head light is killer haha grap the shot gun LETS GO SHININ FER DEER! Haha this bike is gonna be sweeet! :D KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

haha a shot gun for deer? do you use a buck shot or whatever its called, i dont think a regular shot gun shell would work. lol

I dont know nothing about guns i was just being a goofball

Latest posts

Back