The 'Rickety Ratt - PICS OF THE TRASHED BIKE...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought June 1st was the deadline, guess not. Im gonna be in on this build afterall WOOT. Lol. I havent been on much, been busy with school and what not, but i will be in this build :D Schools out next thursday so watch out fellas, here i come. Ill post pics after school. My base will be a 1930's Fleetwing frame. I just fixed the cracked berring cup with some metal epoxy it all should work so.. We'll see.

Re: The 'Rickety Ratt

ricky, glad ya made it. hope things have been going well for ya. get to buildin.lol

Outlaw

rick has just been quietly honing his mad skilzzzzzzz

Im glad to be in this build thanks for.. being glad for me aswell.. :roll: I are not good with words. :mrgreen:
Yes karfer, them puppies are all honed.. up. lol ANYWAYS.

Heres the bike that was started 2 years ago.. THe berring cup was cracked and i just let her sit. was to lazy to fix her.

Tried to sell it, almost did, glad i didnt tho.. Heres the bike as it was before i started..
DSCF2346.jpg

And heres how she stands today, diff sprocket, no fenders, differnt rims and forks, seat.. handlebars.. shes all changed out. It will change much more before the build is over..
PICT0020-1.jpg

i Got a smaller rear sprocket to change the gearing, hopefully make it a little quicker, idk if im ballsy enough 2 shorten up this old skiptooth chain we'll see. I got the paint for it.. i think :lol: if i do paint it it willbe close to the color of this smiley.. :mrgreen:

Finally got some pics and found the cam lets let this buildoff begin. MAY THE BEST RATTER WIN!!! :D

Oh and yeah, thats sweat on my dads shoulders.. it was hot that night..

Okay okay okay. Since i got ran over last night (lol) i need a new bike to ride, and the ghetto paint on this is coming off.. I am back in the build in the last week or so, dont have a chance but oh well, i havent missed a build yet why start now? I will post pics later of me stripping the paint.. ;) Just watch.

PICT0016-2.jpg

I dont have no clean shorts and its about 90 out so, Im sporting some very.. "cool" atire. I caught quite a draft :lol: :lol:

I started stripping the paint on the frame, im breakin' down and gonna drop 7 bucks on a can of stripper. :roll:
PICT0012-2.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

The seat had a small tear so, off with the seat covering :mrgreen:
PICT0014-1.jpg

Idk about the flopped pivot rat-trap springer, i dont like how it stears so, well see on this...
PICT0015-2.jpg

TOLD YA GUYS IM BACK IN.

Oh, Ive changed the cranks since the start, redone the front rim bearings, Redid the back hub. The 7 tooth skip sprocked didnt thread on the hub so im leavin it alone.. It will be sharp when im done. WATCH. 8)

Re: The 'Rickety Ratt !!-UPDATED W/PICS 7-21-!!

Whoa!! new rule!!! please no more of this:
PICT0016-2.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm disturbed, or jealous, I may just be permanently scarred. this one goes along with my "no speedo's for men over 12 unless you're on the Olympic Swim, or Diving Team, and only at the meet" rule, and my "no tube tops for girls who weigh more than 175lbs". :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hahaha :lol: :lol: Figured thatd get a good laugh :) I WISH I WOULD HAVE REMEMBERD TO PUT THE MEM CARD IN THE CAM So i could show ya what she looks like now! I cant find the usb! :x :x :x grrr... :\ It looks bad to the BONE right now. i will find the cord.. i must!

Just wait yall!

I miss kev so much... :cry:

FOUND MY USB!!! :D :D :D :D

For $7 dollars a can, i expected it to work alot better..
PICT0018-1-1.jpg

PICT0010-1-1.jpg

PICT0012-1-1.jpg

PICT0013-1-1.jpg

After letting it sit the suggested half hour with the stripper on it, i took it up to the quarter carwas and pressurewashed off all the acidy gunky paint mess..
then got caught up in building and got here...

PICT0015-1-1.jpg

Yes, i have a flipped pivoted rat trap on here. :mrgreen: Ive yet to strip the paint off the forks.. I will not yet tho..

Bomber looking seat, love it. So comfy ;)
PICT0024-2.jpg

As of last night at 12ish Midnight -
PICT0021-1-1.jpg

So, hows it look guys, FEEDBACK PLZ. There will most likely be a tank insert.. and some.. OTHER Stuff ;) STAY TUNED.
HeadLight. ;)
PICT0023-2.jpg

Tell me i dont got the coolest paint finish yet haha, looks so "patinad"
PICT0022-1-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back