The Rail 7

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know how your first impression is the best?
Went back to the original height.
The bike just feels 'right' at this setting. There's no wheel flop and it feels better from the driver's seat.
d94c6b63ff856297ab27d51879a11631.jpg

65b52e50862fd25f54f491e840584a58.jpg

b3edf20846f83c491b21e7467b9ffe29.jpg

I should have gnome better.......
8b093e80957e305d07764974a4771809.jpg

Cheers all,
See ya in a week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love the feel

Carl.
Exactly, I can appreciate a cool looking bike, but if it doesn't feel or fit right....it won't get ridden, ya know?
From a looks perspective, I like the front 3/4 front view. The rear tire looks fat, the frame looks good, the fork looks good.
Just my opinion, but then again, it's my bike..... :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always listen to your inner Gnome. Gnomes Gnow bikes best!
bike-a-paloozaW.jpg

Rob! Looks great! September came too fast! I forgot about the Build off! If you need the garage or an extra stand, I'm here!

Great build!

Rob! Looks great! September came too fast! I forgot about the Build off! If you need the garage or an extra stand, I'm here!

Great build!
Still plenty of time left 10cent! Jump on in, 3 and a half months to go...

Luke.

Great build!
Thanks Tyler.
I haven't forgotten my 'spot' in the shop. :)

Trust me, I'll be bugging you and Don soon enough...... :D

You could still go for a 20x1-3/8" wheel and adjust the fork length to keep the appropriate balance just to get that look. But it looks good as it stands as well! ;)
CRASH,
I've had this silly sized wheel and tire for 6 years and FINALLY found a build for it! Hahahahahahaha

You're right though, a 20" might look cool on there.
I'm kinda watching my budget on this one though. Since the frame is crusty chrome, I think it's best to get it sandblasted to get the best painting results. I also need to cough up cash for the 'Rail' decals for the chainguard and seatpost, replacement top tube end caps, shifter parts, etc.....

Enjoy the week everyone!

looks cool dropped back down like that.
I have a huffy crank and sprocket if you didn't find one. ill take a look to see how clean it is.

Latest posts

Back