"The Purple Pavement Pounder"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
git errrr done ricky love the color and that fork is sweet. keep on truckin

Thats a sweet bike dude, I wanted my paint to come out that shade, mines a little light. But she still looks dang sweet. :) Im excited to ride her1

ricky, that is one sic bike, keep it up, this is going to tune out very kool. think positive my friend, you are a very good builder an artist.

Outlaw 8)

Thanks alot Outlaw, that means alot to me :) . and BTF, Thats awesome, whered you find it? i was looking for another frame like mine, this one has some issues, nothing serious but whatever haha. Cant wait to see the pics. Wait till i get this done dude, im gonna lay a 40 foot skid. I promiss, ill have pictures. ;)

Thats sweet BTF. Dingos a nice guy :)

Hey chimi, you think that looks good? Check it out now. I got a coat of clear on today, the forks painted :) Springs are cleaned, thinking about doing the springs black idk yet. but check the purple:

PICT0118.jpg

heres the stuff hanging to dry. "HEY MOM, I FOUND A NEW USE FOR CLOTHESLINES!" Lol
PICT0115.jpg

Now.. which seat? metal seat, painted up all nice..
PICT0120.jpg

Orrr a leather seat..
PICT0119.jpg

The clear says i should wait 7 days for it to cure.. do i really need to wait this long?

DO I HAVE TO LET MY PAINT AND CLEAR CURE FOR 7 DAYS?! I WANNA PUT THIS THING TOGETHERRRR Lol

well you don't have to let it set for 7 day's but i would let it set for atleast 4 day's and be really careful when putting it together..... longer it sits the stronger the clear becomes.......

yeah.. i should wait the 7.. :( I wanna ride this bikeee guyssss

If it was mine I'd put it together........and then cuss and complain about all the scratches and fingerprints I put in the clear during assembly and say how next time I'm gonna wait for 7 days. But then the next time I'd do it again. :oops:

Yeah.. Idk. I want it 2 look the best it can.. I mean seriously, i put out big bucks for this paint job! lol Almost $20.00!! lol

ricksterr1221 said:
Yeah.. Idk. I want it 2 look the best it can.. I mean seriously, i put out big bucks for this paint job! lol Almost $20.00!! lol
Wait a full day or 2 and then go for it. $20= 3 cans of magic for a old frame.

Looks great. Glad your dad found the right bolt.

Thanks c-man, He actually fixed the old one. :)

He drilled out the old one, where the like threads were... He then got another bolt, cut the head off so he had a piece of threaded rod, He tapped the drilled hole, screwed in the piece of rod, had my uncle weld it and he grind it, You cant even tell he did it. Pop's is amazing haha.

Yeah i gotta have her done, im probably riding my bike to the woodward cruise :D :D :D Im excited haha.

Going outside to assemble my front end. :) Wish me luck huh. ;)

get to it ricky, luck. yep, i would wait at least 7 days. i generly wait 2 weeks an put my painted parts in the house where its warmer all the time. good lookin ride dude, you kick.

Outlaw 8)

Latest posts

Back