"The Purple Pavement Pounder"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay guys. i was going to build up my murray. I hope u dont mind, im re-doing kinda my dads rat from rrbbo2. If u dont want me 2.. its okay, ill still document the build here.

Her as of 2 weeks ago.
PICT0060.jpg

Sanded down frame, ready 2 prime.
PICT0090.jpg

Primed Frame,
PICT0092.jpg

Ready 2 be redone fork:
PICT0093.jpg

Nowww im stuck, i need to find a new pivot bolt for the left side of the fork. Wish me luck. :)

ORRRR Maybe i could run a schwinn blade for? what ya guys think? I was gonna use the evanaction springer on a prewar project anyways... :D

PICT0090-1.jpg

SPRINGER SPRINGER SPRINGER!

If my dad can get me bolts for the Springer, i will use it. if not. Idk it will be just a regular bike.. :|

those bolts are similar to bolts that run thru rollers on machinery. Try McMaster Carr or one of those type of places.

I'm just saying... that fork is what will make the bike! very cool Colson Evans springer. probably the only other factory springer as crazy as the springer on mine. :mrgreen:
of course I can't guarantee that Godzilla won't smash it.
godzilla-breath.gif

Scott 8)
P.S. if you've been following the build you know I'm just kidding :D

Yeahh that girl.. Idk what i seen dude. She was so 2faced. She hurt me bad. :\ Were not even friends any more. I just been busy doing other stuff, helping a friend get his 65 Bel-Air running.. Riding.. I've actually been working on this for a few weeks sanding here and there. Thanks for the tip markm, yeah i like this springer.. Only downfall of it is when i wanna go fast when i standup 2 pedal every revolution the spring compresses.. Idk we Will see. im gonna try to use the forks. Stay tuned, ill be busting my butt to get this done in time. ;)

ROCK ON DUDE, YESSSSSS YOU CAN DOOOOOOO IT. it looks good so far

Outlaw 8)

sensor said:
YUUUUUUUUUU CAAAAAAN DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ET!

is ET still around?? I thought he phoned home for a ride. :lol:
Scott 8)

I been thinking of paint schemes.. Purple frame, black, purple and chrome forks, two-tone purple or black and chrome spaceliner chaingaurd :D Ill be dreaming about it haha.

Went and seen my dad at work at lunch time today, He has fixed my broken bolt, i will be USING THE SPRINGER! :D :mrgreen: <3 MY DADDY lol

Well, once again, Dad has saved my a.. butt lol. Heres the bolts xD
PICT0093-1.jpg

Pretty Metallic Purple :D
PICT0095.jpg

Close up of the metallic.
PICT0096.jpg

Up next comes the sanding and rebuilding of my fork. :) STAY TUNED.

Thanks randy. Well i got the fork tore down tonight mostly sanded. Will probably be primed 2 morrow.. Im thinking of adding some gold scallops to the frame with a silver pinstripe, then shed' be my school colors xD think shed look pretty tough. The color kinda looks girly.. Idk yet Just stay tuned. this bike will be SWEET.

gold would be cool to, b ut i see nothin wrong with the purple, but im a plum krazy fan too :roll: glad to see dad pulled through for ya in a bind with the bolt too, i wouldnt of had the foggiest idea where to look.

Thanks sensor. :) This build is gonna go fast haha. I waited so long to start.

Latest posts

Back