The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

Discussion in 'BUILD CHALLENGES' started by GuitarlCarl, Sep 1, 2017.

1. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

That's what I was thinking and I'll try to bend them with a touch of a Z to them so I have a lip to rivet some scrap to. I'm also planning double stick velcro to hold the motor in. A faux steering wheel is the next hurdle, maybe a windshield.

Carl.

RustyGold likes this.
  2. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

I'm not sure if it's apparent in the photos but I also swapped out the front wheels with the small wagon. The large one had a couple of bad wheels. So there will be some painting too.The size difference isn't a lot just a bit of rake. That might change some too...

Carl.

KJV likes this.
  3. KJV

KJV

An Engine, that:
    Can be filled : w/ HotWheels. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

GuitarlCarl and MazdaFlyer like this.
  4. OddJob

OddJob

Oh yeah! Drop the motor and trim the hole with a cake pan, per @KJV suggestion! This is coming out really cool.

Stay tuned for some photos / video of Char-iot of Fire-wood in the next day. Heading up north to close up the campsite for the year. Gonna put the firewood hauler to the test!

22656539_2065593543466794_94619034_n.jpg

SwissGuy, KJV and MazdaFlyer like this.
  5. MazdaFlyer

MazdaFlyer

A couple of pics with the pan floor... [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. OddJob

OddJob

The Chariot has found it's home. We closed up the campsite today in gorgeous 60 degree weather. I made a short run with the new firewood hauler, pulls well! I like how level the hitch lined up, even with the disparity in wheel size between ATV and wagon. It will be fun for tooling around, hauling wood, and the beer chest to the beach. We're about 400 ft through the woods to the lake. Anyway, here are some pics, and a short 'ride vid' to show that it really works! :wink1:

chariot2.jpg chariot4.jpg chariot3.jpg chariot1.jpg

Chad T, SwissGuy, GuitarlCarl and 4 others like this.
  7. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

I got the engine bay done.[​IMG]
    Carl.

8. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

Trimmed out the cockpit.[​IMG][​IMG]
    Carl.

9. jadewombat

jadewombat

Getting the seat back done. Did a test fit and it works good for my daughter. The two positions are held in place by hitchpins.

Attached Files:

10. jadewombat

jadewombat

I drilled the holes for the hitch pins this evening. Will take everything apart again and start cleaning it up, etc.

Attached Files:

MazdaFlyer likes this.
  11. jadewombat

jadewombat

I popped the seat off, sprayed polyurethane on the sanded wood and metal polished the aluminum brackets. Looking better. Not gonna do any more on it for a while since tomorrow is Halloween and we need a candy hauler.

Attached Files:

OddJob and MazdaFlyer like this.
  12. jadewombat

jadewombat

I forgot to mention, most everything is recycled on this including the wood here. This wood has been from a giving tree project. I bought an upright bookshelf cabinet from Goodwill to use as a mold to make a concrete table about a year and a half ago. After I bust the wood off from the mold portion to make the table I resold the lower half of drawers.

The wood above was from the upper portion of the cabinet. Anyhoo, nice I found a use for it.

MazdaFlyer likes this.
  13. OddJob

OddJob

That seat back turned out well. Like the recycled wood and bare bracket combo. Nice combination of 'shiny' and 'rust-ina' on this build! *hope you don't paint it* ;)

14. jadewombat

jadewombat

Yeah, if the wagon was for me I wouldn't paint it...but since it's for my daughter and she uses it we're gonna have to sand and at least clean up and clear coat inside the tub. The paint is flaking off inside and I just can't leave it that way indefinitely.

SwissGuy and OddJob like this.
  15. jadewombat

jadewombat

I pulled the front part off on the underside, cleaned it up, and powder coat painted it. Nice color.

Attached Files:

16. jadewombat

jadewombat

On halloween when we took the wagon out the rear wheels were kicking out. I had tightened the heck out of the nuts on the studs, but hitting the bumps around the neighborhood was enough to knock them loose even on a short walk and make the rear end wander.

I welded a cheap shelving c-channel to both of them to keep this from happening again, hopefully.

Attached Files:

RustyGold and MazdaFlyer like this.
  17. OddJob

OddJob

@GuitarlCarl , as we are nearing the 'finished line' of December 1, how do you plan to set up the thread for our Final pic and Finished build thread? Will you add a separate thread under Build Challenges so that other Forum members can find our builds more readily and take a peek at what we are up to?

18. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl

I figured I'd create a voting thread with "Finished" pictures.... So...

When you all finish your build. Post a picture called finished, so I can copy it out to a new voting thread.

Carl.
    (I wonder if I can set a time limit on the voting thread?)

19. jadewombat

jadewombat

I cleaned up the inside of the tub today and clear-coated it. No more rusty, flaky paint coming off every time you touch it.

Attached Files:

20. OddJob

OddJob

@GuitarlCarl , busy couple weeks ahead for me, so I'm posting up my Final Pic for the Finished Thread now. Here is the pic:
    finalphotochariotwood.jpg

It would be really cool if you could save a placeholder next to each pic for us to describe a bit about the process, or better yet, room for like 3-4 pics for different angles or 'step by step' type photos to get the gist of the builds; since there is no way to go to a 'Build thread' for each individual build.

GuitarlCarl and MazdaFlyer like this.