The Pedal Car, Wagon & Wheel Barrow Build Off

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I like the idea of cutting out for the engine. Maybe cut a letter "I" shaped cut down the middle and fold each side down for the interior engine compartment walls...
That's what I was thinking and I'll try to bend them with a touch of a Z to them so I have a lip to rivet some scrap to. I'm also planning double stick velcro to hold the motor in. A faux steering wheel is the next hurdle, maybe a windshield.

Carl.

Reactions: RustyGold
Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm not sure if it's apparent in the photos but I also swapped out the front wheels with the small wagon. The large one had a couple of bad wheels. So there will be some painting too.The size difference isn't a lot just a bit of rake. That might change some too...

Carl.

Reactions: KJV
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Oh yeah! Drop the motor and trim the hole with a cake pan, per @KJV suggestion! This is coming out really cool.

Stay tuned for some photos / video of Char-iot of Fire-wood in the next day. Heading up north to close up the campsite for the year. Gonna put the firewood hauler to the test!

22656539_2065593543466794_94619034_n.jpg

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The Chariot has found it's home. We closed up the campsite today in gorgeous 60 degree weather. I made a short run with the new firewood hauler, pulls well! I like how level the hitch lined up, even with the disparity in wheel size between ATV and wagon. It will be fun for tooling around, hauling wood, and the beer chest to the beach. We're about 400 ft through the woods to the lake. Anyway, here are some pics, and a short 'ride vid' to show that it really works! :wink1:

chariot2.jpg
chariot4.jpg
chariot3.jpg
chariot1.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to mention, most everything is recycled on this including the wood here. This wood has been from a giving tree project. I bought an upright bookshelf cabinet from Goodwill to use as a mold to make a concrete table about a year and a half ago. After I bust the wood off from the mold portion to make the table I resold the lower half of drawers.

The wood above was from the upper portion of the cabinet. Anyhoo, nice I found a use for it.

Reactions: MazdaFlyer
Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That seat back turned out well. Like the recycled wood and bare bracket combo. Nice combination of 'shiny' and 'rust-ina' on this build! *hope you don't paint it* ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On halloween when we took the wagon out the rear wheels were kicking out. I had tightened the heck out of the nuts on the studs, but hitting the bumps around the neighborhood was enough to knock them loose even on a short walk and make the rear end wander.

I welded a cheap shelving c-channel to both of them to keep this from happening again, hopefully.

Attachments

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@GuitarlCarl , as we are nearing the 'finished line' of December 1, how do you plan to set up the thread for our Final pic and Finished build thread? Will you add a separate thread under Build Challenges so that other Forum members can find our builds more readily and take a peek at what we are up to?

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
@GuitarlCarl , as we are nearing the 'finished line' of December 1, how do you plan to set up the thread for our Final pic and Finished build thread? Will you add a separate thread under Build Challenges so that other Forum members can find our builds more readily and take a peek at what we are up to?
I figured I'd create a voting thread with "Finished" pictures.... So...

When you all finish your build. Post a picture called finished, so I can copy it out to a new voting thread.

Carl.
(I wonder if I can set a time limit on the voting thread?)

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@GuitarlCarl , busy couple weeks ahead for me, so I'm posting up my Final Pic for the Finished Thread now. Here is the pic:
finalphotochariotwood.jpg

It would be really cool if you could save a placeholder next to each pic for us to describe a bit about the process, or better yet, room for like 3-4 pics for different angles or 'step by step' type photos to get the gist of the builds; since there is no way to go to a 'Build thread' for each individual build.