The new Hauler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Well, new to me that is. My good old Subaru forester's rear K frame finally gave up this spring so it was time for an upgrade. Enter the 2000 Chevy Astro! All Wheel Drive, 8 passenger, all the bells and whistles and only 76K on the dial. Previous owner didn't get out much I suppose, but at least he stopped by the oil undercoating shop! First things to attend to are some aggressive tires, lower ball joints and off we go.

That looks like a fun project! Those new tires are going to need a little space. http://www.overlandvans.com/index.html

algomajv1.jpg

These things are just so versatile, rear bench seatbacks fold flat and it will fit a sheet of plywood, the seats also are adjustable fore and aft, and obviously pop right out for hauling rusty bikes. Back when I had my 2wd astro I think I fit 8 bikes in the back. Just ordered up fan clutch, ball joints and crank position sensor (leaking a little oil). I think I'll just go with Kelly Safari's 225/75/15 so no clearance issues.

Latest posts

Back