The most dangerous motorized bicycle in the world?

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by Grant, Dec 16, 2019.

?

What bike is more sketchy?

1. The rusty one (gas)

81.8%
  2. The white one (electric)

18.2%
  1. deorman

deorman

Been riding street bikes in the 650-750 range for more than 40 years, never felt the need for anything bigger or faster. Currently I've got a 750 Shadow with boards and windscreen for sharing the windblown interstate commute with debris spitting tractor trailers, tri-axles etc. My little 400 single is fine for around town and backroads, but it's a butt buzzing constant correction chore on the highway

Dr. Tankenstein likes this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Exactly what I had in mind when I made the post, the Honda Shadow: looked upon with scorn and disdain by some, it's an excellent all around bike. I think the new generation, bikes like the new Rebel and the Vulcan 650s are starting to change the perception regarding smaller displacement. That Vulcan 650 is a ripper, engine is the parallel twin from the Ninja 650

3. RustyGold

RustyGold

Anything smaller than 750cc (aside from two-strokes) feels a bit gutless to me...I don't tend to look at anything much under a liter.

Amendment: I got my wife a Kawasaki 250 Supermoto a few years ago. Super gutless, but super fun to ride...handles better than any bike I've ever rode. However, in my quest to make it less gutless (got its top speed up to 85mph from the 70mph top speed it had when we got it), I blew the engine and haven't rebuilt yet. I'll probably stroke and poke it to a 351cc when I put it back together, but expect even as light as it is, it will still feel a bit gutless :grin:.