The Mojito- It's a roller!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having never really worked on vintage stuff before, since it all just rusts away here normally, I'm getting really aggravated at the non=standardization of stuff. I've got a nice functional 3CC 3 speed wheel that I tried to put tires on tonight to try it out and yet again 26" is not always 26". Looks like I'm probably stuck as a single speed, not that that should be a big deal since it's super flat here.

That paint looks cool up close!
ypa4atuj.jpg

I know I said this would be done one way or the other this weekend but I made a liar out of myself. Partially because I have been focusing on the '59 Meteor Flite I just got and partially because I got a new surfboard on Friday, and that of course means it had to be ridden. I did try to find tires for my 3 speed wheel but was totally unsuccessful. Stupid French rim! So I guess all that's left really is to pick a pair of pedals, mount the drink holder and go document a skid somewhere.

61719_10151347405022537_1994935506_n.jpg

Well looks like it will make it. All I need is a pair of pedals. Tried yet another fork on it but it had the same issue as the Manitou. The issue is clearly the head tube being too long, not something i can tackle myself. Took it for a test ride and it skids nicely, now all I need is dirt.

Latest posts

Back