The Lean Mean Green Machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My third build-off and a lot more involved than I thought it would be. The Lean Mean Green Machine is a mixture of a lot of things. A tribute to the no-name green bike I had as a kid, the J C Higgins Colorflow and Manifold bikes, the X-53 bike, old school Ford model T and A hot rods, and the idea of green as in earth friendly. The bike does not pollute and is mostly made from re-"cycled" parts as well.

You can almost imagine some old hot rodder tearing up the two-lane in a hopped up Model A roadster with a flathead V8...
20200831_130811.jpg

20200825_194532.jpg

20200825_194400.jpg

20200828_121953.jpg

20200828_122019.jpg

20200828_122039.jpg

This is the bike that donated it's frame and seat to the cause, a Del Sol Tradewinds cruiser. The frame is non-rusting aluminum. Remember, aluminum recycles!
IMG_20200118_161036~2.jpg

Here is a link to the build thread...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lean-mean-green-machine.110981/

Parts include:
the Del Sol Frame, saddle and bell
vintage Huffy/Monark wheel set
reproduction Columbia rear rack
vintage JC Higgins chain guard
Huffy Cranbrook handlebars
No-name Chinese heavy duty springer front fork
Krator motorcycle driving light
Ross front sprocket
Huffy crank
vintage Union pedals
scrap pine 1x6 for the tank
various new and reused hardware and plumbing parts

Last edited:
Great work on the patina / weathering, and the graphics and custom tank, very kool! There's a lot to like about this build! Your best yet, dare I say. :thumbsup:

My third build-off and a lot more involved than I thought it would be. The Lean Mean Green Machine is a mixture of a lot of things. A tribute to the no-name green bike I had as a kid, the J C Higgins Colorflow and Manifold bikes, the X-53 bike, old school Ford model T and A hot rods, and the idea of green as in earth friendly. The bike does not pollute and is mostly made from re-"cycled" parts as well.

You can almost imagine some old hot rodder tearing up the two-lane in a hopped up Model A roadster with a flathead V8...
View attachment 136826

View attachment 136827
View attachment 136828
View attachment 136829
View attachment 136830
View attachment 136831

This is the bike that donated it's frame and seat to the cause, a Del Sol Tradewinds cruiser. The frame is non-rusting aluminum. Remember, aluminum recycles!
View attachment 136832

Here is a link to the build thread...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/lean-mean-green-machine.110981/

Parts include:
the Del Sol Frame, saddle and bell
vintage Huffy/Monark wheel set
reproduction Columbia rear rack
vintage JC Higgins chain guard
Huffy Cranbrook handlebars
No-name Chinese heavy duty springer front fork
Krator motorcycle driving light
Ross front sprocket
Huffy crank
vintage Union peddles
scrap pine 1x6 for the tank
various new and reused hardware and plumbing parts
Very nice head turner! Congratulations!

BEAUTIFUL TRANSFORMATION!! I DIG IT!!

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Those pipes are awesome!!!
If anyone has a doodad award this year, yours should be the winner. And I mean that in a good way. Tons of cool functional and fun details all over this cool build!
CONGRATS!!!

Man... this one is so great! Love all the details and admire your ability to create that patina. Lots of great details in the tank, pipes, wire for the lights, decal work and that head badge! Well done man!

Nice details and much effort is obvious. Great rat example.

Latest posts

Back