The Kandy Kiss

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The whole thing started with a German KHE frame:

pic001.jpg

And a set of white Innova 24x3 semi slicks:

pic002.jpg

This is the first mock-up:

pic003.jpg

The fork and 24" 72-spokers I still had lying around.
Everything else is ordered and I expect delivery pretty soon. All the pieces are ordered in white. White pedals, white grips, white saddle. So in the end, there will only be candy red, white, and chrome on the bike. Nothing else.

that is a sweet build..... but where did you get those tires!!!!!!! :D :p 8)

lol hopefully ......germany that just blew my mind im all the way in california......oh well but nice bike bro :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gato'sbikes said:
lol hopefully ......germany that just blew my mind im all the way in california......oh well but nice bike bro :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You can't get bugger off in England. Hence I have to get everything shipped from either USA, Germany, or France.
Classic Cycle has quite resonable postage fees, so in the end you might strike a deal with them after all.
Don't forget, the Balloon bike only came into being because the tyres were initially imported from Germany. You'd be repeating history, so to say.

how much do you estimate delivery plus cost of shiping :?: :?: :?: just to get an idea :wink:

gato'sbikes said:
how much do you estimate delivery plus cost of shiping :?: :?: :?: just to get an idea :wink:

I just figured it out for you (with a fake address in Huntington Beach) and it would work out like this:

Tyre ea 29,37 € x2 58,74 € (you don't pay the German VAT of 19%, so this is deducted from the tyre price)

Total Products (net): 58,74 €
plus VAT 0% Amount: 0,00 €
Total Products (gross): 58,74 €

Shipping 35,00 €
Surcharge Type of Payment: 3,19 € (I said Paypal. If you transfer the money into their bank account, there is no surcharge.)

Grand Total: 96,93 €

So all in all 48.47 € per tyre. Not exactly cheap, but pretty close to what I paid for them (I had to pay the 19% VAT, because I'm in the EEC.) I wonder whether you caould get them much cheaper in the US?

Also, they charge you only once for shipping, regardless what else you buy.

thanx again bro i highly appreciate the trouble you went through ... but i think i may have found them here for 18 euros :shock: but again thanx a million
and looking forward to seeing that sweet ride done :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That frame design, and color scheme is awesome!
the tires pull it all together.
That's going to be a great looking bike!!

That's a beautiful frame. Love the shape, gussets and paint. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Meh, we had atrocious weather the past two days. Well, weekend, you know.
Unfortunatley this prevented me from taking the bike out for a test ride and the subsequent clean and polish job cum photo session, I'm so sorry. The bike is still in the hallway where the last photos were made and hasn't been moved or touched since.

Bike looks great
Yep the weather is crap :( ... snow on and off all day here (kendal)

Latest posts

Back