The Kandy Kiss - Finished!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took it out for the first test ride - like a dream!

Then gave it a torough clean and polish under England's blistering sun.

pic015.jpg

pic007.jpg

pic008.jpg

pic009.jpg

pic010.jpg

pic011.jpg

pic012.jpg

pic013.jpg

pic014.jpg

For those who want to know:

Frame is a KHE, made in Germany.
Wheels are 24" 72h with 24x3 white Street Hog semi slicks.
White seat, grips, and pedals are NOS, courtesy of my cellar.
Stem and handelbars are from my Dyno Glide (which has new black parts in exchange).
Fork is the usual Taiwan springer.

The really tricky bit on this one was to obtain a fitting seat stem clamp. The seat tube is so thinwall, that it is impossible to tighten up the normal 25.4 ones. I thus took a 22.2 and machined it on a lathe to fit.

Hey, thanks!

This may sound like bragging (well, it is, but let's presume it's not), but I can't ride it for ten yards without being stopped by a pedestrian asking where I bought it and how much it cost.

seadragon said:
Good to see another nice cruiser in the UK, cool !!!

Hey thanks!

It's such a shame that the movement doesn't really take a hold in the UK.

And thanks to all who payed me compliments for the bike! That alone is reason enough for me to continue.

No worries.

I agree, the scene here sucks in the UK, non-existant. I have to resort to cycling around my village to the pub and back and the odd ride to Knebworth town centre for a coffee and bacon sandwich.

My bikes get loads of attention but would be nice to meet others with the same bikes. No rides/meets etc, unless you want to go to a VW show. Apparently there is some bike gathering at Billing Aquadrome every year, but mainly choppers. I might take one of my bikes this year and go.

Here are my 3 bikes:

1305.jpg

310.jpg

004-1.jpg

Nice collection!

Did you build your springer forks yourself, or what are they?

I was toying with the idea to call a cruise in Blackpool, when the illuminations are in Summer. I just don't know of any platform in the UK where I could reach lots of cruiser owners.

Here are my current ones (or rather, the ones I built for the family):

pic001.jpg

pic003.jpg

pic005-1.jpg

The last one is intended for my wife and will get a Hawaiian treatment hopefully soon.
Altogether I built about 10 cruisers so far and you can find most of them elsewhere on this forum.

Hiya.

Nice bikes, VERY cool.

The forks are standard ones on some Felt Cruisers. I love them and have them on 2 of my bikes and they are called Felt Abraham. They make others too like the Jerry Springer forks, a standard one I dont know the name of and a triple tree style fork (I stand corrected on the name) like on the Felt Hot Wheels bike.

I guess there are so many different looks to go for. Personally I like the more aggressive style cruiser but each to their own, its nice to see something custom and unique.

A ride would be cool to take part in for sure, see how many bikes can be put in one place to see who else is out there :)

Yours are exceptionally nice. I like the aggro look and you do it consistently and with a keen eye for aesthetics and that counts.
Yeah, I'm more into the bobber/western look for my own bikes and none of them are nearways finished. The Dyno Glide Deluxe is currently being pimped and I'll post new pics once it's done. Next big project is the Sun Eagle for my wife.

Oh, and the Kandy Kiss was built for my neighbour, so we have one more cruiser owner in the UK now. He specifically told me to do it in Sixties Electra Glide spirit. He owns this 1965 'Glide:

7122a.jpg

And wanted the bicycle to reflect it. I think I managed.

Thats a pretty cool Electro-glide, very nice and I am sure the bicycle will complement the bike. My gf's father in law has one of those California Highway Patrol style Harleys, I think they are Electro-glides too, I could be mistaken. He hasnt ridden it in about 10 years, its in time-warp condition.

My other 2 bikes are as they were made/designed and its been fun to play with my silver bike, I have designed it more or less the way I want it. The rims/tyres will be changed at some point. I am not convinced about the pedals but they are growing on me. I like the vintage look with clean lines but I am trying to avoid having too much silver and black on the bike. I need the saddle to soften up because being so new it is rock hard :)

If you are interested in some Felt parts then Motostrano is about the best I have seen in the US, or try Mode bikes. Its not guaranteed they have anything in stock but always woth popping them an email first to see what they have.

Latest posts

Back