The Hawkliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
index.php

Those Slicks are awesome, have a pair on my Liner.

Just an update on parts acquisitions and painting as I'm still waiting to get my frame/fork/handlebars/sprocket/chainguard back from being powder coated. I can't decide between the Darth Vader and rocket valve caps but I'm leaning towards the Dark Side. I also found nicer guts for my front light. I am fairly sure I'll paint the guts to my light black to stick with the theme and I may also attempt to dig the reflectors out of those brand new black bowtie pedals. Not sure how far I am willing to go to completely black this thing out and it may look better leaving both parts as-is. I'll figure it out as I go.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

I don't know if the reflectors would still reflect light, but that would be cool if it did.

Liner frames are always cool to play with and I can tell you that metal seatpans like the one you have can be super comfy too on Liners.
Looking forward to your build.

I bought this beautiful Spaceliner a few years ago at a Memory Lane swap for $100. As beautiful as it is, I don't believe some parts are original to this bike and the rack has been repainted. I have agonized over removing the rack from it and using it on my Hawkliner and also with permanently altering it with black powder coating. But after searching for the past two weeks for another rack on eBay and every other place I could think of to search, I'm going to use this rack on my Hawkliner and keep looking for a suitable replacement for this bike in the future. I sent the rack to the same place doing the rest of my powder coating. I'm getting anxious to get some parts back and get moving. I do think it will be this week.
1.jpg
DSC_7524.jpg

BTW, the braces are going to be glossy and the rack itself flat black to match the frame, fenders, sprocket, fork and some other parts. If you picture it in your head along with me, the bulk of the bike will be flat black with alternating parts (seat, handlebars, crank, Spaceliner sprocket attachment, rack braces, chainguard, grips) in glossy black. I think the effect will be neat.

STILL waiting for my frame and other parts but gathering more essentials for the build. The kickstand, crank, and other black parts came from a build I put together a few years ago but never really liked. One of the Rat Rod stickers will go up under the chainguard to keep the all black theme going!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited:
I used the Murray Galaxy Flyer frame from which I removed the black parts mentioned above to build this side project yesterday. I used a pair of Worksman wheels I got from Chuck for a silky smooth ride. I love how this one turned out. This is obviously NOT my finished contest bike - The Hawkliner - just thought I would share this build anyway, lol.
5.jpg

I don't know if the reflectors would still reflect light, but that would be cool if it did.

I decided to get some of that light wrap that lets the light shine through. It's akin to that spray but it's .99/sheet, hahaha. I'm just going to wrap the lens in it and leave the light guts as is behind there. I think it will shine through there very nicely. Thanks for the suggestion, BTW.

Latest posts

Back