The Hangover Cure - Made in Scotland, Fae girders

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What a sore head!! But it was so worth it!

I have to admit I wasn't sure what I was letting myself in for at all when I entered, but it's been a blast. Following other folk's builds has been fun in the past when not taking part, but seeing them as friendly competition and being so inspired by them at the same time is like no other feeling I can put words to. Hopefully I'll be in a position to put myself through the same thing next year. :shock:
Congratulations on everyone who took part. Congratulations and kudos to everyone who took part and finished.

This is a photo of how I first got the bike.
web.jpg

And here it is. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. May I present. The Hangover Cure.
web.jpg

Frame: Schwinn Cantilever (Serial number C00970 on the bottom bracket)
Forks and Rack: from a Sparta Scout, cut and customised
Tyres: Front Michelin Diablo 24x1.75, Rear Electra Fatti-O 24x3.0 (not everyone goes to the trouble of making sure their tyres rhyme btw)
Wheels: Front Dutch steel rim with Normandy high flange hub, Rear Sunn Doublewide rim with Bendix red band "Automatic" hub
Chain guard: modern Schwinn
Seatpost: home fabbed layback
Handlebars: Phillips town bike.
Handlebar Grips: Gaffa/Duck Tape and electrical tape with Peroni beer bottle caps as bar ends
Tank: home fabbed solid birch branch routed out to hold batteries
Lights: rear Sturmey Archer dynamo 6v, front old bicycle or motorcycle headlight with magnetic LED light
Alternator: 6v Union with backup batteries to keep the rear light going when alternator stops
Fuel tank: Hip flask filled with 12yr old Bruinladich single malt whiskey

web.jpg

^ A wee pit stop for the "hair of the dog"
web.jpg

web.jpg

^ Alternator and fuel tank. The older the fuel the faster the bike seems to go. (strange correlation eh?)
web.jpg

^ Number plate, rear light and drive train. Two speeds help a lot!!
web.jpg

^+v This bike is brought to you by a fizzy drink that tastes of metal
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Sir Walter Scott, maybe he would have ridden a bike like this if he weren't made of stone?

Build Thread here http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39768&st=0&sk=t&sd=a#p387276

Thanks for looking
Cheers Jonnie

Edited to add photo bike as I originally got it.

Oh yeah! On my short list. This thing is MEAN. It ain't lean, it's PHAT!...Looks like a "bar bike"..Ready for a "bar fight".NICE..NICE!

Nice looking bike. Wild coulors. Good workmanship. I've heard about old world rats.

Thank you all for the kind words. It means a lot to me coming from people who's work I've been inspired by. The bar is really high this year. It's been great fun taking part.

I was planning on posting a short video, but my computer's playing funny buggers. Maybe tomorrow.

Cheers Jonnie

I'D BE CRUISING THIS BIKE IN PHILLY TELLING PEOPLE PEOPLE TO MOVE AND GET OUT THE WAY!! THIS IS MEAN BABY!! GREAT JOB!! PEACE

feuerdog said:
Iron Bru makes me think of pickled onion Monster Munch,......mmmm, yum.

Cool bike.

Oh man, you don't know how much I'm now jonesing for some of that goodness. On a similar note, you've just given me an idea for next year's build. Don't know how that would work but it'd be a great name for a bike. Maybe not the pickled onion bit just "Monster Munch"

Thanks for the compliments everyone. And thanks for the five people who voted, I really didn't expect it.

Cheers Jonnie

Latest posts

Back