The Grocery Getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
afd2987a9f9bfc42837852b20fef53af.jpg
d4a6a14618395edd274b4d9117de5430.jpg
6122e03ee416ca081f2f309bc2e349b0.jpg
42f6703d4a32b6e7a4efb587ed041511.jpg
4c72b1c2b90f600caaf77de67c7cce04.jpg

Well, I didn't have a definite plan recorded on paper but in the back of my mind, I envisioned a bicycle frame and a shopping cart should be able to be morphed into something at least rideable and provide some capability to transport cargo (of some sort). So here is my rendition of a "not the same old, same old cargo bike..."

The build link:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...reads/The-Grocery-Getter.103147/&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Troy, the work you did with your shopping cart baskets in the rear is amazing! Add some close-ups behind your top pic to show the detail.

It's just my opinion, but I would ditch the front green basket. It detracts from all the cool mods and custom frame work you did on this bike. Mount your 'child caution ' red sign on the front of the handlebars and call it good!

Very inventive and unique build idea / design!
:thumbsup:

Troy, the work you did with your shopping cart baskets in the rear is amazing! Add some close-ups behind your top pic to show the detail.

It's just my opinion, but I would ditch the front green basket. It detracts from all the cool mods and custom frame work you did on this bike. Mount your 'child caution ' red sign on the front of the handlebars and call it good!

Very inventive and unique build idea / design!
:thumbsup:

Yes, I agree. The front basket bounces all over when riding it and really doesn't have any load bearing capacity because the plastic is so flexible. I think I have another "plate" I can use from the original cart to use on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep this is cool :cool2:

Oh yeah, glad you got it "done".:thumbsup:. What a great bike. What a great imagination. The stance, the profile. That's the best cargo bike I've ever seen!

I followed your build. I couldn't wait to see the finished. You're a wild man. Can you pick up eggs and milk on the way home?

Piggly Wiggly would be proud!!!!
I love this build man!
CONGRATS!

Latest posts

Back