THE FRITZ FIFTY - LIMITED EDITION STING-RAY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CCR said:
I think for a the majority of people here, the co$t is the biggest hurdle.
To the extent that it’s based in the Fair Market Value of the product sold; on its “collectability”, now that is long-term, determined and controlled exclusively by market forces – the Alzheimer's donation however, is a noble incentive for purchase.

CCR said:
72convertibless454 said:
I think for a the majority of people here, the co$t is the biggest hurdle. Sounds like it's worth it you and that's all that really matters. I don't think anyone who digs muscle bikes will deny they'd like to see one being unboxed as well !!! Glad somebody is pulling the trigger :D

Biggest hurdle, for me, is that it's a Chinese Schwinn designed to cash in on an American legend. Mark is clearly aware of its origins, but i suspect some prospective buyers would be oblivious.

The price us only an issue when you consider what you're paying for... and what that money could potentially buy on the used market.

I agree that the Alzheimer's donation is cool but I wish Pacific would disclose how much they donate per bike....

Bicycle808 said:
I agree that the Alzheimer's donation is cool but I wish Pacific would disclose how much they donate per bike....

Agreed; it would be a nice gesture (based on transparency) if they would disclose the percentages per unit sold.

Just got notified by my schwinn dealer that the Fritz Fifty will not be delivered till after the holidays. So much for a christmas present to myself. ERRRR

Already there is one on eBay, IIRC it was a 750 starting bid and a 1500 BIN.
Am I seeing painted or anodized alloy rims on those??

Awesome video, loved the music selection... how appropriate can you get!!

They really missed the mark in my opinion using painted sprockets and fenders.. Chrome was part of what made a Stingray a Stingray!!

Who would have thought one could still buy a Stingray 50 years after the first one came out? It hurts that is wasn't built in Chicago but, that's the world we live in.

Last edited:
Already there is one on eBay, IIRC it was a 750 starting bid and a 1500 BIN.
Am I seeing painted or anodized alloy rims on those??

Awesome video, loved the music selection... how appropriate can you get!!

They really missed the mark in my opinion using painted sprockets and fenders.. Chrome was part of what made a Stingray a Stingray!!

Who would have thought one could still buy a Stingray 50 years after the first one came out? It hurts that is wasn't built in Chicago but, that's the world we live in.
The rims are anodized. Tires and rims are the best part of this bike. Thanks for the nice comment on the video, I hope someone from Schwinn watched this!

I got mine over the weekend. Number 201.

1601301_10152612223809922_1736136184_n.jpg

I would need to attack all that chrome with a can of duplicolor metalcast.

Pretty cool, but I don't see the OCC logo anywhere??

Latest posts

Back