The Elgin Experiment (could have been a contender)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Elgin Experiment (More sheet metal, You know how I do..)

is it bent?

045a0503.jpg

b376e00f.jpg

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious .....

back-to-the-future.jpg

Re: The Elgin Experiment (Get BENT or will I)

:lol: im sure it is, you can see where the paint flaked off the bottom where its bent. :wink:

stretch said:
:lol: im sure it is, you can see where the paint flaked off the bottom where its bent. :wink:
I thought the same thing... :|

here is a pic of the bike the rack came off of. I believe the rack is bent to many rides on his sister rack.
205909.jpg
[/url]

I got bent!

i straightened it out and boy - I really like the way this looks - Like npence told me, the light in the rear of the rack looks like its never been used, i need to go find a bulb or i might just convert it to LED

59778c3b.jpg

eabcc4a1.jpg

63bd5b65.jpg

6cbe1cea.jpg

BLING BLING MONEY - EVERY TIME I COME AROUND YOUR CITY!!

whats left?
cover seat
tank graphics
paint rack
paint skirts
mount headlight
make and mount dropstand holder
stunt

Re: The Elgin Experiment (Fat booty bicycles are my game)

I vote for LED conversion... :wink:

i bet that was blue at one time, but the rust stains make it look green. :roll: lookin good!

WOW:shock: ...you don't even know how much i love the moon disks on this bike...I want some for my board tracker... 8)

Insano cool! .... beautiful ride.

SIMONANDGARFUNKEL!!! the evil garage swallowed my elgin headbadge... @$%*@$***$(@(@)))$((@)(@)

Don't you DARE mess with that light!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that it is the same one on the back of the 1941 Colson Firestone Supercruiser. HUGE money in that condition on ebay or the 'Cabe.

When I sold my Supercruiser I had guys BEGGING me to at least take the light out of the rack and sell it to them separately.

VERY hard to find. Sell it and pay for your entire build!

But it has Elgin stays. And the same early Murray mouning (to the seat post clamp) ... But I'll look in to that... I haven't seen Any Colsom racks to know any better...

http://luxlow.com/bicycles/1941-firesto ... r-cruiser/

Here is my old bike, after selling to the restorer.

The light in question (referred to as a "Firefly", I believe) was used on the 1941 Elgin and the 1941 Colson. It is almost impossible to find one with a lense in good condition. If yours is nice, it is likely worth $100 to $200 if the timing is right. No joke.

The rack is not the same, but you are right, that lens does look pretty similar- do you have another picture of it?

IMGP1094.jpg

IMGP1091.jpg

IMGP1096.jpg

I was never referring to the rack itself, just the light (cannister for the battery and the screw on lense).

Holy crap that's it! so cool - and the whole bike is super sweet! i need me one of those!

Let freedom reign! I just got back from a lovely vacation with my lovely lady and Im back and ready to work and finish this off right! A bit of forum drama, but I hope everything is ok and back on track.

anyone want to buy this?
40190e0e.jpg

Re: The Elgin Experiment (Back in it.)

Yur rid is Sweet! If you want a taillight you can build one with common inticator lenses LEDs and conduit nuts.
dscf1795k.jpg

By null at 2009-08-08
dscf2074s.jpg

Shot at 2010-07-01

Latest posts

Back