The Eggbuster (renamed)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, my XL frame is being blasted and primered, so i started a new project. I was going to keep it to myself for a while, but it is so cool, it feels just plain wrong to not share this...
So here's the start:

1299949501-picsay.jpg

1299949481-picsay.jpg

1299949517-picsay.jpg

1299949531-picsay.jpg

1299949553-picsay-1.jpg

It ll have a low stretch-ish frame and another 100mm rim in the with a normal 3sp hub.
What do you guys think about the fork?

Re: Fat n low

pretty wild, man! i like it. 8) how did you do the one sided axle?

your .... right it would be plain wrong! :mrgreen: hahah looks sweet!
what have you come up with for the frame?

thanks guys! i found a secondhand single sided hub, which i laced in the rim. i used 12mm shorter spokes on the axle side to get the fork attachment "inside" the rim.
Glad you like it :)
The frame will not be extreme, but will be a little different.

haha nice i really am goin to have to find some way of bending tubeing and learn to weld :lol:

You can get a hydraulic tube bender for only 100 euro's. Or just torch the heck out of the tube and then you just bend it by hand. it ll stay nice and round to.
Learning how to weld is really easy. Learning how to weld good takes a little longer. I still have a lot to learn...

Cool where from? I havent even looked really :lol: glad to hear that hehe any tips for my first try?
Ps sorry for the thread jack haha

I am sure you can find some benders at ebay too.
Best to try your first welding with an experienced looking over your shoulder. then you can suck all the info you need from him. Especially how to set up the welder.
Luckily i have a couple master welders at work to teach me :)

Thats exactly what i dont have haha im the first one in my family to own a welder or ever try to weld oh well i supose lots of trial and error :lol:

Allright ! Mr. Handyman is on the prowl again. I allready like it. And you have barely started. Keeping an eye on this one again. Good luck and have fun, building ! :mrgreen:

hehe well ill stop jacking your thread now :lol:
best of luck with the build ill be watching :)

Latest posts

Back