The DXH-1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
DXH-1 = First attempt at a Schwinn Prewar DX Hybrid. Just started with the requisite fun: Brooks saddle, Campy seat clamp, 13/16 Tioga laid back post, and Lincoln Badge. Stopping power will be supplied by Cantilever brakes (probably Dia Compe 980s). Front will use a NOS Chrome Tange MTB fork with Canti posts. Rear will use Mr Tick's bolt on Canti posts. Nervar crankset, Dia Compe Levers, Mafac brake hangers, Suntour Cyclone rear derailleur, Ashtabula stem and Wald Long horns. Just started....

Did this Tioga seat post bolt up well to the Brooks saddle clamp? Did you have to shim it or anything? I'm currently building a Schwinn which is a 13/16 seat post and hoping the Brooks saddle I bought will work with a new seat post. Thank you.

It bolted fine to the Tioga, but if you have a 13/16 post that tapers to 5/8 you'll need a shim or different seat guts that are specifically made for 5/8.

It bolted fine to the Tioga, but if you have a 13/16 post that tapers to 5/8 you'll need a shim or different seat guts that are specifically made for 5/8.
Thanks! I'm now trying to figure out whether or not to go with a straight or a lay back post! Never actually owned or rode on a lay back! Any recommendations?

IMG_0776.jpg

Latest posts

Back