The Blue Polillia (lightweight sub build off)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So just picked up this bike recently and need a daily rider so i will be using this bike for the build off. Depending how good the patina is i might just leave the frame. Fenders and basket are for sure not making it into the build.

Re: Hiawatha

Looks like you accidentally did a double entry with Blue Polilla

Re: Hiawatha

kingfish254 said:
Looks like you accidentally did a double entry with Blue Polilla

Yeah i was trying to figure out how to delete it. Please delete me lol

Re: The Blue Polillia

Started cleaning a little bit yesterday to see what i was working with and locked all my tool sin closet by accident.Decided to clean where I could. The more i cleaned though the more the pinstripes started to come through and then disappear as the rust went away. Still debating on painting or not.

The patina on that fender looks great. I'd say paint up the rims real nice with new tires, and keep that patina on the frame & fenders! Just my .02 :)

Critter1 said:
The patina on that fender looks great. I'd say paint up the rims real nice with new tires, and keep that patina on the frame & fenders! Just my .02 :)

Once i get her cleaned up more a bit I'll decide. Maybe paint later. THe fenders ill keep as is either way though. The .02 is appreciated.

The Polillia - Torn down and Relaced

So after trying to torch, hammer, soak in pb blaster, a chihuahua, and a stiff mix drink i had to drill out the pedal. Does the smb stamped on the crank stand for Shelby Made Bicycles?

Might have to order a left hand die to drill out the remaining bits left in the crank.

null_zps9716cbd4.jpg

null_zps1285af1c.jpg

Is that a war time bike?

And why do Chihuahuas always look like they're looking in two different directions?

Latest posts

Back