* THE BANDIT*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE(DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK so its finally here. I have been searching around since I heard of the build off and seemed to throw a couple of part together to start up a project with...

I am going to start out with a 1962 Schwinn jaguar frame...I bought it for $41.00 off of eBay. the man selling it didn't advertise good so i got lucky by finding it.
BrpHBQ2kKGrHqIH-CYEvDZ5wUQBL0lehQZo.jpg

BrpHpBWkKGrHqQH-CYEvE85kLeBL0lek2NE.jpg

BrpIGWkKGrHqMH-EMEvDZBlHeTBL0leo-1.jpg

BrpI0mkKGrHqIH-EIEvDSgIbnBL0lesPnyg.jpg

I am going to build this bike as a Ed Roth tribute..for all who are familiar with his work you know that he is the father of rat rods. All of you who are not, all I can say is hit up google and just let the pics speak for their self.

Re: *BONESHAKER*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE

I got my monark forks in mail today thanks to our member simpleman...
0astu6.jpg

and I'm not sure of my paint colors yet..Ed Roth has some very colorful cars but I'm not sure if colorful is the right way to build a rat bike...I still have allot of ideas so keep posted on all my updates.
Here is my inspiration...
rothbb1.jpg

Re: *BIG DADDY*THE ED ROTH TRIBUTE

woo! hope this one gets finished cuz ive never seen anyone do a roth bike. :mrgreen:

oh yea it will get finished for sure...I'm going to put all my time in this one for sure :wink:

Wow, two Roth theme builds already. I was considering that theme myself, maybe I'll do something else or... Roth bike build off!

i do have to say that my Roth theme build was posted first but it going to be fun seeing someone else give it a shot...best of luck to him :D

you can't go wrong with a Beatnik Bandit theme. That car is a favourite of mine for sure.

It could be argued that anyone posting on RAT rod bikes' forum is inherently an Ed Roth tribute, since that's where the "rat" part comes from, right? I guess I'm saying this because I too am building a bike with heavy Roth influence.... although, I don't feel like I'll be stepping on any toes really, as I am taking the majority of my influence from his cartoons.

Long live the Roth Bike Buildoff! :roll:

really anyone who does a rat theme will have a little Roth influence...NO TOES STEPPED ON HERE :wink:

Here is a rough sketch of the plans for my bike..I don't have a great scanner so it didn't come out to well
scan0001.jpg

Flat white frame
White/red orange re-painted Schwinn tanks
24x3 cream thick brick rear tire
26x1.75 cream quick brick front tire
Kustom laid back seat post with Kustom made leather saddle( my first attempt at making a saddle)
Monark forks with kustom fork attachment
Board tracker handlebars with yellow slim line Schwinn grips
I'm still not for sure on the chain...i will cross that bridge when i get there
LOTS OF KUSTOM AND CRAZY PARTS... :mrgreen:

i say you do a joystick control since your doing the beatnik andit, its only fair. :p

SSG said:
Wow, two Roth theme builds already. I was considering that theme myself, maybe I'll do something else or... Roth bike build off!

better make that 3. ed's rat wheelie pic's have been a big influance in my entry. those and the George Barris diecast of dragular (grandpa's car from the munsters)that showed up at my home a few weeks back.

cant wait to see your finished build.

Yea I have allot of plan for this bike on paper but getting them to work will be a completely diffrent story

Here is the hub I'm putting in my 24inch rear wheel...its a Bendix 76. i did a little cleaning on it and polished it up. ill probably put some kind of paint job on it before its all done.
100_3064.jpg

100_3065.jpg

100_3070.jpg

After clean up... :mrgreen:
100_3071.jpg

100_3073.jpg

i say you make a custom brake arm to make it even cooler. roth looked into the tiniest details. :D

excellent.. 8)

Tomorrow I will have pics of front wheel all stripped down and from rim will undergo prep for paint...

Latest posts

Back