The B-2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The B's finally on its way to papa. :mrgreen:

First 2 boxes will be the wheels and hardware. The 55" long frame will take the snadwiching of 2 bike boxes to fit it.

Plans are to test out this paint on some wood dowels to see how it looks:

It's an 'aged copper' color

The ony thing left to do is for Eric to build me some 1.5" OD handlebars that'll be 7/8" OD just where the stem fits and the grips sit.

41emr5ODafL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

spinman said:
"..pics arent working for me..."

Yeah, one of the Mods deleted them for some reason. Have to find out why.
You sure you didn't delete, rename or move them on Photobucket cause I don't see them in your album there? Or do you mean moderators on Photobucket removed them?

"....You sure you didn't delete, rename or move them on Photobucket cause I don't see them in your album there? Or do you mean moderators on Photobucket removed it...."

Oh! :shock:

I didn't know that removing Photobucket pics would zap them off this site??

My bad. :wink:

Spin

Are you leaving it raw? Last I saw you were painting it, won't you have to readjust everything all over again?

I'm just teasing you, cause I'm resisting the urge (like many here) to drive to Philly and steal it! :roll: :mrgreen:

Beautiful bike dude, I'm totally jealous.

Dr. T

"...by Dr. Tankenstein on Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:53 am
Are you leaving it raw? Last I saw you were painting it, won't you have to readjust everything all over again?
I'm just teasing you, cause I'm resisting the urge (like many here) to drive to Philly and steal it!
Beautiful bike dude, I'm totally jealous....."

Thanks, but all hail to the master builder Eric "4th Horseman" Paulson for having the skilz that I can only imagine.

It's not easy working with a builder thousands of miles away. we both had our ideas of how things should look. Since I was the 'customer', I hope he didn't have to sacrifice his artistic vision too much to my ideas. All in all, it was a wonderful experience dealing with him. He's a 100% professional in all he does, and I'm honored to have one of his builds. I'm glad he found my concept for this build to his liking as much as mine. He did say he's done some build for others that weren't to his liking.

As for paint, many (including me) are struck by how nice the raw steel presents itself on the bike. I'm still leaning towards paint though. And yes, I'm not looking forward to tearing the bike down, but it'll get me familier with how things work.

12 seconds into this video has a '50s pickup that has a nice gold color i was thinking about. The painter I'm using thinks it's a flat gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GHwjBAmQMg

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm embarrased to say that I mistakenly put the fork crowns on backwards. I mentioned to Eric that the bike seemed out of balance when I rode it, like veering off to one side, and not being able to ride w/o hands. He felt that was weird since he was able to ride w/o hands just fine.

Couple days later he looked at the pics here and noticed the crowns were backwards and probably causing the steerage issues.

Funny he's the only one who noticed. 8)

Anyhoo, i tore the bike back down and dropped the frame at Jonnson's Powdercoat in Burlington, NJ.

I've always loved the Flamboyant Lime from the early '60 on Schwinn's Sting-Rays.

This is not a candy color, but it sure looked nice on a color chip out in the sun.

granny.jpg

Latest posts

Back