The anti-klunk? (Show us your urban bombers!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today was a good day!
I finally got a blue Flite in good condition for my Wheeler :D:cool:

I also picked up this '98 Schwinn Moab 1 to use as my winter bike. I got it at a great price from the original owner who has taken good care of it, and got it tuned up last year. So other than replacing the saddle with a Flite ti, and the stem with a 3T without rise, I won't have to do any work on it.

The mtb, but singlespeed.
20200914_113839.jpg

I think I already posted this but in 1965 I bought a new Jawa motorcycle in Amsterdam for $300, which included tax, license plates and helmet. I drove It 4000 miles cruising Europe and sold it 3 months later for $200. I wish I brought it back to the stares. Commie 2 stroke junk, but I always run wide open and it never seized, well, maybe once in Germany when it was 90 F. It cooled off and ran like a previously seized ford flathead. Which meant the motor didn’t notice anything after cooling.

A Sunday ride out to an old tip, some 15 minutes away from my place, which has grown wild since it was abandoned. A good place to get into some leisurely xc riding; And to find a nice spot in the sun, get some peace and quiet, and read a book.

View attachment 137555View attachment 137556View attachment 137557
$100 Walmart Kent Thruster single speed for spring riding. 700c by 1.75 mountain bike tires instead of the original 38 mm urban tread, different crank, mostly plastic linear pull brakes replaced with cantilevers, old 10 speed steel bars with suicide riser brake levers and a more comfortable seat. Garbage bike updated from my junk stash. This is my I don’t care what the salt does slush bike. As you can see I just leave it in my truck bed and drive it to some rideable slush covered roads. I use it before the dark asphalt absorbs enough sun to melt off, but a fat bike is overkill yet you don’t need studs. It was used about three weeks and then I started riding my gravel bike, and after another month road, cruisers and mountain bikes. Soon it will be the ice bike with studded tires, then the fatty and the cycle starts again.
This thing is just insane.

I think I already posted this but in 1965 I bought a new Jawa motorcycle in Amsterdam for $300, which included tax, license plates and helmet. I drove It 4000 miles cruising Europe and sold it 3 months later for $200. I wish I brought it back to the stares. Commie 2 stroke junk, but I always run wide open and it never seized, well, maybe once in Germany when it was 90 F. It cooled off and ran like a previously seized ford flathead. Which meant the motor didn’t notice anything after cooling.
Jawa, used widely and successfully for many years in this realm:
Jawa.jpg

Latest posts

Back