The anti-klunk? (Show us your urban bombers!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2604.jpg

I built this one and place it on the klunker gallery but I built it with smooth tires, bmx bars and a SA internal 3 speed.

I use first gear when cruising around the beach but use third gear when I want to ride from one place to another with some speed and that's when the tires come in handy. Running them at 60 psi.

In what category would you put this one?

1.5" street tires on my '89 Supergo Access Comp I've owned since new. Columbus tubing, made in Taiwan; go figure.

this is my crappy winter roads training bike - not so much an urban bomber.

5055132274_a12a408a07_b.jpg

axsepul said:
IMG_2604.jpg

I built this one and place it on the klunker gallery but I built it with smooth tires, bmx bars and a SA internal 3 speed.

I use first gear when cruising around the beach but use third gear when I want to ride from one place to another with some speed and that's when the tires come in handy. Running them at 60 psi.

a while back there was this car trend where you took a bigger personal luxury type car (grand prix, monte carlo, etc) and made a hot rod out of it. they called them gentleman's hotrods. your's could be a gentleman's klunker

Philphine said:
axsepul said:
IMG_2604.jpg

a while back there was this car trend where you took a bigger personal luxury type car (grand prix, monte carlo, etc) and made a hot rod out of it. they called them gentleman's hotrods. your's could be a gentleman's klunker

i like the name! thanks

axsepul said:

FUN!?
Classic Cantilever Framed?
Rat?
Urban?
Bomber?

I'd call it a FUN Classic Cantilever Framed Rat Urban Bomber.

I do this to my bikes. I wish I had a pic of my 83 schwinn probe. It had a kenda kwest on the front and a kenda 838 on the back with a schwinn letour crank. The wheels were deep v's off a mongoose. So I stuffed a 7speed in the back. That thing was quick. Now i have a mongoose deceptio., lotus pegasus and the schwinn henderson to do. Not sure about my columbia trike.

mrfritz said:
axsepul said:

FUN!?
Classic Cantilever Framed?
Rat?
Urban?
Bomber?

I'd call it a FUN Classic Cantilever Framed Rat Urban Bomber.

I like that name also but that's not a cantilever frame its a dx frame!

I'll update this post with better pictures when I have some daylight to work with. I'm calling this on the "2629 Urban Bomber" it started out as 26" mountain bike. I swapped the front spring for a rigid 29er fork and fitted a 29er rim. Right now the gearing is a little low with the Alphine 8 speed all I've had any use for is the 48t ring using the 20t cog. I'm going to switch up the to crank with a 38, 52 rings and a 15 or 13 cog.

478507_3916294554659_1498326880_33466337_121886234_o.jpg

It is an absolute blast to ride...

MadMax '58 said:
Not an "Urban Bomber" but definitely an "Anti-Klunk"....
Got this free from a friend that never really used it....
Girl's MTB turned into a "Beach Cruiser/Loaner"....
It rides nicer than I expected it to...... :D :D
13-1.jpg

It ended up being my every day rider....Smooth and comfortable...... :D :D
11.jpg

Call it whatever you like but it fits in this thread and looks AWSOME! BTW; Where did you get the laid back seat post?

FUN!

mrfritz said:
I'll update this post with better pictures when I have some daylight to work with. I'm calling this on the "2629 Urban Bomber" it started out as 26" mountain bike. I swapped the front spring for a rigid 29er fork and fitted a 29er rim. Right now the gearing is a little low with the Alphine 8 speed all I've had any use for is the 48t ring using the 20t cog. I'm going to switch up the to crank with a 38, 52 rings and a 15 or 13 cog.

478507_3916294554659_1498326880_33466337_121886234_o.jpg

It is an absolute blast to ride...

i like the 29/26 combo!

Latest posts

Back