*The 76er*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you hit the rusty nail on the head with this one, it's definitely rat! I love the homebrewed details, and I would trade my rack for yours in a second. :lol: Awesome finished product!

It looks old and crusty, but yet at the same time it looks like it would roll smooth and quiet. I think the way you tied in the faux-patina with the accessory colors turned out perfect. Nice job! 8)

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm still waiting to get more local reviews, was going to ride to church tonight (usually ride there on Sunday nights) but it was raining, I really want to get some idea of how it shows in person. The neighbor kids like it, Cody saw half or more of the build, so he saw the gradual growth of it, but the first adult to see it with fresh eyes was my wife and I had to explain to her why it looked "old." I guess I was going for that since a 1976 cantilever bike really isn't a classic, haha.

Oh, and according to the manufacturer sticker I wire brushed off only a few days into the build, tomorrow is the 76er's birthday. Happy 35th birthday, I'll join you in a couple months. For your birthday I got you, well... everything!

Happy Birthday 76er. Great job on the bike you really did an awesome job keeping it ratty and true to the build off. I knew you would hit this one of the park. I can't wait to come down so that we can cruise together. You definitely got my one of my three votes.

nelvolks said:
Happy Birthday 76er. Great job on the bike you really did an awesome job keeping it ratty and true to the build off. I knew you would hit this one of the park. I can't wait to come down so that we can cruise together. You definitely got my one of my three votes.

Thanks man, I rode it to church this morning, just got a call and need to go to another church, ride the bike or ride home and get the car... I think 76er, it really did want to get out for it's birthday.

yoothgeye said:
nelvolks said:

Thanks man, I rode it to church this morning, just got a call and need to go to another church, ride the bike or ride home and get the car... I think 76er, it really did want to get out for it's birthday.
Haha awesome. You made a wise choice.

Skipton said:
Love the double stems the wheel color is great!.... great pics... great build!

Thanks so much, I'm just honored to be involved.

I rode the bike all over town today, probably did 10+ miles, ran my church morning errands on it.

yoothgeye said:
nelvolks said:
Be nice to her its her birthday today! :D

It's not a her, it's a him, a her would be mad at me for making her look older than 35.
Haha I guess your right.

build looks great love the frame style and the rim color choice, great combo, great pic, locations since u are not going to sell it , just ride it like u stole it. and thanks for letting me know about my post screwup , i got pics posted eventually .

longshort said:
build looks great love the frame style and the rim color choice, great combo, great pic, locations since u are not going to sell it , just ride it like u stole it. and thanks for letting me know about my post screwup , i got pics posted eventually .

Thanks man, I have been riding it alot, got in another 10 miles or so on Monday.

ME AND BEER RUN TALKED ABOUT YA BIKE LAST NIGHT WHILE HE WAS IN PHILLY. NOTHING BUT PRAISE DUDE. OH AND WE'LL BE STEALING THAT FENDER IDEA!! JUST LETTING YA KNOW :mrgreen: PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
ME AND BEER RUN TALKED ABOUT YA BIKE LAST NIGHT WHILE HE WAS IN PHILLY. NOTHING BUT PRAISE DUDE. OH AND WE'LL BE STEALING THAT FENDER IDEA!! JUST LETTING YA KNOW :mrgreen: PEACE

I'm surprised a photo hasn't emerged yet of someone else with a fender that either had flames cut into it or louvers. I know they must exist, I don't believe anything on my bike, no matter how hard I tried, is original.

Glad I came up in the conversation.

Yeah, that fender is worth 10 votes. Good luck getting to double digits. I got more than one, so I am happy.
You have a ton of cool ideas to steal (I mean learn) from.
As soon as it stops raining, I am going for a ride on Beer Run.

kingfish254 said:
As soon as it stops raining, I am going for a ride on Beer Run.

If I was around, I'd ride with you. It just stopped raining here, but I have 3 kids asleep upstairs, the furthest I can go is into the backyard to make sure I burned out all the ground bees last night.

Glad to hear that you're riding your bike around too!
It would be col to ride together like Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper.
Everytime I look at your bike I see something that I missed or forgot about.
It was cool when Jake and I were drinking beers in Philly there where many times that we had sentences that started - "Did you see __________ on 76er?"

kingfish254 said:
Glad to hear that you're riding your bike around too!
It would be col to ride together like Peter Fonda and Dennis Hopper.
Everytime I look at your bike I see something that I missed or forgot about.
It was cool when Jake and I were drinking beers in Philly there where many times that we had sentences that started - "Did you see __________ on 76er?"

That's awesome, that really makes me feel good, better than the votes make me feel! haha

Latest posts

Back