Test ride/Delivering the goods

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend came over and we installed a set of Salt 3pc BMX cranks on his '41 Hawthorne? Its a CWC frame, i have not done a lot of research on it but he was told the year/make by the previous owner/good friend. Anways, cranks installed nicely:

Bottom Bracket and Spindle:
682ddbb4f0e480e595930d62a5d2bd31.jpg

Cranks installed w/schwinn ring and Odyssey Twisted PC pedals:
0fe38edf5f891fc80d07bbfd4fec1708.jpg

Then we went on a test ride and I had to bring a load of handmade skirts to the store downtown, so my friend decided to document it :)

It was 73° in Denver yesterday. Has been a warm February!

Nice!! Dig the high flange hub in the Higgins! And the inverted brake on the cwc is a nice touch.
I need to experiment more with bmx cranks. They look killer on both!

How do you like the humu? I've been lookin for one for a lil bit.

Oh, I absolutely in love with my Humu! I have owned it since new, has been many different types of bikes, and been with me for 10yrs! I like the year mine was made as it is disc brake not coaster, though i love the looptail they did on the older coaster Humus.

The brake setup on my friends was done by me as a remedy to not enough reach for the brakes to hit the rims if mounted above the arch, l think for a band aid fix it came out kinda slick.

And i also love running the bmx 3pc on rat builds, can get them in many colors and styles nowadays, even chrome, or flat black for ease of custom painting... plus they are stiff, and probobly never break on a cruiser. Downside is they can be heavy.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back