Tell us what ticks you off..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ebay/ CL buyers that can't read an ad.

schwinnmesa said:
People who show up late for Craigslist deals. :x Better than not showing up at all though...

ive had so many people flake out and not show up or call. now i just tell them to call me when they are at my door. then ill come home from where ever im at. and NO HOLDS... :lol:

Things That Tick me off:

Dirty Whitewalls
Those who disrespect my car
Broken Ignitions
Twilight
Dorito Imposters
Dr. Pepper imposters
Whimpy Explosions
Broken Microwaves
Drugs
Hospitals
Bills
Worn tires
Dog Smell
Cat Smell
Animal smell in general
Mcdonalds

obama,bicycle ads that state RARE when there are millions.scammers ,and knowitalls on craigslist,cars that tailgate a bike rider when there is 2 empty lanes to pass in.drivers that throw things at bikers,bike riders that wear spadex and helmets and never alert you when they are passing on the left.

Alright, I have to get this out of my system...

What makes me mad? Crappy bikes at Wal-Mart. Well, not necessarily the bikes, more of the assemblers with an IQ of 50 or under, those who do not even tighten the seat so I can spin it all the way around with a flick of the finger just as I noted today. With pedals halfway threaded on the crank arms, tire treads backwards, loose stems or not aligned stems, grrrr. That really gets on my nerves. How would a customer know better? It's not like everyone has allen wrenches or sockets to fix all of that garbage. "Bikes ready to go" my butt. Not to mention how dangerous that is having bikes displayed as ready to go in that condition. What would a rider expect? How pathetic.

Little plastic pools that have holes on the bottom also make me mad. That's more of the quality of the manufacturer but as for the poor bike assemblers, please get fired before you get too tired.

Morons. :roll:

At a red light, making a right after stopping, the car in the other lane with the red light moves forward a couple feet right when you look to see if they have a red light. Then you wait just to see they have a red, but they moved because they didn't want you to make your turn. Like you were taking something from them. So I wait even longer, until they get their green, and make my legal turn right as they start to move. Karma.

This...

Monday, June 28, 2010

A local Patriot Guard rider is on the road to recovery after an attack that could have killed him. Someone hit him with a railroad spike as he rode his cycle. The incident happened near the Kansas Turnpike where it goes underneath K-15 on Saturday. Dennis McDonough was riding home when he noticed what he thought were some kids playing on the railroad bridge.

"Only God can forgive them for it," said McDonough as he lay in a hospital bed.

McDonough is still trying to come to grips with what happened last weekend. As he drove south on the Turnpike, troopers say someone threw a railroad spike over the edge of the K-15 bridge. The spike struck his right leg and broke it in half.

"Don't they have any idea what that could do?" McDonough asked. "I mean, it could have killed me easily. If they' would have hit me in the chest or the face or even my arm, I couldn't control a big bagger with one hand."

McDonough is a Patriot Guard and American Legion rider. He takes pride in honoring fallen soldiers coming home to their final resting place

"Every one of them is a piece of history," he explained. "I respect every one of them. I ride for them and I ride to support their families."

Trooper say there are two state statutes that govern throwing items onto a roadway. One is a misdemeanor that comes with a fine, but if it results in injury, it's a serious felony that could result in prison time.

"We haven't seen a lot of those types of incidents that I can think of around South Central Kansas," said KHP Trooper Gary Warner. "But it truly does concern us when an event like that occurs when somebody intentionally throws an object from an overpass or bridge towards vehicles down below."

McDonough, meanwhile, is trying to stay thankful.

"I can replace the bike," he said. "I'm mostly thankful that my five kids and wife don't have to live without me."

McDonough believes he saw three people at the top of the bridge as he approached it. Troopers say they had a couple witnesses say the same thing, but those three people have not been found. If you have any information about this, you can always call Crimestoppers anonymously at 267-2111.

earwig.png

Latest posts

Back