TEAR'N ASPHAULT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
COUNT ME IN . GONNA BUILD ME A RAT FOR TRANSORTATION TO WORK AND BACK . SO THE ONLY REASON TO STOP AT A GAS STATION FOR ME IS TO PICK UP A SNICKERS AND A TASTY BEVERAGE.

DSCN1903.jpg

GOT MY FRAME NOW ITS TIME FOR MY FAVORITE PAST TIME SANDING :x ACTUALLY I REALLY DONT LIKE SANDING I LIED

OK SO IVE SWITCHED FRAME INSTEAD OF THE HIAWATHA IN USING A SCHWINN AND IVE STARTED DOING SOME MOCK UP OHH YEAH DID I FORGET TO MENTION WERE GOIN MOTORIZED. I JUST NEED TO FIND THE NUTS TO BOLT ON MY REAR WHEEL , DONT KNOW WHAT I DID WITH THEM NOT IN MY CUP-O-NUTS AND WASHERS , CUT MY CHAIN TO FIT, TEAR IT ALL DOWN AND PAINT
DSCN2161.jpg

IM NOT SURE I LIKE THE TANK THAT COMES WITH IT BUT I CANT FIND ANYTHING THAT WOULD LOOKE DESCENT SO WELL SE HOW THAT GOES
HAPPY BUILDING

sensor said:
hmmmmmm ................
wheres the gas go? :wink:
hey is that an snfu reference in your signature?

AS FAR AS THE GAS , I WAS SO ANXIOUS TO RIDE IT I THREW ON THE TANK AND PUT A SPLASH OF FUEL IN THE TANK ( HAD TO DRAIN SOME IT HAD SOME DEBREE IN THE TANK) AND GO RIDE IT AROUND THE BLOCK A FEW TIMES LIKE EVERY 20 MIN.S AND ITS STILL GOT FUEL . DONT TELL MY BIG DODGE BUT ITS GETTIN PARKED .

SNFU DIDNT KNOW WHO THEY WHERE , HAD TO GOOGLE IT . BUT IT WAS JUST THE FIRST THING TO COME TO MY MIND.

CCR said:
:mrgreen: this is the look you make after 30 mph with no brakes :lol:

100_2382.jpg

... not finished btw

NOTICE MY ONLY BRAKES ARE A PAIR OF FOAM FLIP FLOPS NOT THE SMARTEST THING IVE DONE

As far as tanks, you're better off just using the stock one, once you paint everything it'll look better. I actually made a small aluminum tank to fit inside the frame and had sheetmetal covers to fit the cantilever shape but it was a hassle taking it apart everyday and putting a few ounces of gas in it. Just paint the tank the same color as the frame.

necessaryevil said:
Any progress pics yet? I'm anxious to see this one done!

IVE FINALLY MADE MYSELF STOP RIDING IT HALF DONKEY THROWN TOGETHER AND HAVE IT TORE DOWN TO THE BARE FRAME TO FINISH FRAME MODS. SOME ISSUES WHERE DISCOVERED AND OVERCOME. SOME OF THE FRAME MODS I HAD TO MAKE. (LEGAL OR NOT :| ) I HAVE DRILLED TWO HOLES FOR THE THROTTLE CABLE TO RUN THRU THE TOP TUBE COULDNT GET CARB ON OTHERWISE. I HAVE BUTCHERED THE ENGINE CHAIN TENSIONER AND WELDED IT TO THE FRAME TO GIVE IT A FACTORY LOOK. AND I HAVE TO REINFORCE THE REAR BRAKE MOUNT STOPPING AT 35 MPH STARTED TO BREAK A WELD ON IT. sorry i was typing in caps. i have my chain guard trimed to clear engine ohhhhhhh. and the christmas come early preasent to myselt is the custom 27t ( stock with the kit was 44t) sprocket which has taken me from about 20mph to 35 mph.and have ordered a dual pull brake leaver since the clutch takes one of my brake positions on the bars. still dont like the tank that came with and am searching for a awsome looking one to put under the seat. with it out of the way i can put a 5 speed shifter on it for when im pedaling. and i do belive in the spirit of the motorcycle its gonna be painted with some harley davidson paint. will take pics of mods and post real soon

Awesome, can't wait to see it done. I was topping out at 27mph with the 44t sprocket,I was going to buy a 30 before I sold it. The nice thing about the 44 was I could use the clutch to take off from a dead stop like a real motorcycle, I think with the 27 you'll have to pedal and feather the clutch to take off, but 35 mph is worth it. Man I miss the Lazy-Ray!

necessaryevil said:
Awesome, can't wait to see it done. I was topping out at 27mph with the 44t sprocket,I was going to buy a 30 before I sold it. The nice thing about the 44 was I could use the clutch to take off from a dead stop like a real motorcycle, I think with the 27 you'll have to pedal and feather the clutch to take off, but 35 mph is worth it. Man I miss the Lazy-Ray!

NO PEDALING NECESSARY EXCEPT FOR FOR STARTING ENGINE EVEN WITH THE 27

Im not exactly sure what Im lookin at in your work in progress pics but "datapurdydawg!"
I really like your motor bike. Is that street leagal? I see guys ridin those around the streets here in LA.

Latest posts

Back