Tanklight buildoff!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: ohh them's some choices... im voting range from 6-8 hehe... all of them rock...
the clips can be found at lowes or home depot and most hardware stores in the bins by bolts.. they will be under furniture hardware, there is some neat stuff in that section that i find useful. you defiantly have a creative eye, take a gander, may find some inspiration.

I am leaning towards 5

thanks guys! tough choice , last time "first time" i restored this bike, i did it quick and regretted the paint and accessories after a while , this time i want to make it right :)

kingfish254 said:
I am leaning towards 5
#5 :mrgreen:
1926-indian-prince.jpg

Awesome choices there 1HP! Personally I think number 7 is the go, that would stand out as a full custom anywhere...
Also curious as to what number 5 would look like with a white stripe and white wheels... :?:

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Awesome choices there 1HP! Personally I think number 7 is the go, that would stand out as a full custom anywhere...
Also curious as to what number 5 would look like with a white stripe and white wheels... :?:

Luke.
full custom ? not really , only the chainguard - tanklight -and paint

LukeTheJoker said:
Yep, liking 5.1! :mrgreen:
Maybe it is not a full custom, but I meant not a bike someone has bought "off the shelf" parts for, the parts are full custom. If that makes sense?

Luke.
haha yeah :mrgreen: more then costomized , less then full custom ... i guess "custom" is appropriate :wink:

Peatbog said:
Dang...too late...like #8...draws attention to the cool tank...
never too late :wink:
it would be yellow with candy orange over it
know what ? this was my initial idea , and after all these color test , i might do this this one , i like it allot , with the flat black over the candy orange
real_time_SIMSCYCLE3D13_zps04c07477.jpg

pretty much identical :p ran out of primer so its not covered well , still need to do the final fine sanding to refine the shape , and make the attachement system
DSCN5047_zpsc09ae88f.jpg

DSCN5045_zps200246f8.jpg

DSCN5044_zps2dadfa3e.jpg

OneHorsePower said:
pretty much identical :p ran out of primer so its not covered well , still need to do the final fine sanding to refine the shape , and make the attachement system
DSCN5047_zpsc09ae88f.jpg

DSCN5045_zps200246f8.jpg

DSCN5044_zps2dadfa3e.jpg

I used a center board on my route 66 tank & I clamped it to the top frame tube ...Then I ran a No top blot(Just threads) through the center board Put a thin holding nut on each side of the threads with the center board in the middle . Then I drilled two holes through my tank & added nuts on the out side of the tank. This would likely help you but I cant see you doing this idea easily because I would not want you to damage you tank ...

LukeTheJoker said:
Beautiful work 1HP! :mrgreen:
They look awesome!

Luke.
:D :!:

@tanksalot : iam going on a hunt for hidden support today :p ill see what i can find , but i feel like nothing would be ideal , i want it to be completely hidden and strong enough to hold in case of a crash , a jump , or a wheelie ... yes i use to jump this bike and do wheelies ...a bike is ment to be ridden right ? :mrgreen: but i think ill go more ease once its redone

Beautimous!!!

i keep playing with paints and logos , i like this one allot , i thought ill post it even if i feel like flooding the thread with 3d previews :wink:
real_time_SIMSCYCLE3D444441_zps78780e8d.jpg

Iam finally done with this sculpture :D , just have not found any thing better for the mounts yet :x
DSCN5056_zpse5cad2bd.jpg

DSCN5057_zpsebe4e047.jpg

i also machined something in class for dropping the fork a little (1 1/4 to be more exact) iam pretty pleased with the result , it bolt on the droppout and sit on the trussrods where they will be strapped .its a very snug fit and feels pretty strong
DSCN5059_zps24252fa6.jpg

DSCN5060_zpsec360cb1.jpg

DSCN5062_zps8491aed7.jpg

(last picture , its badly bolted , thats why there is a gap) :wink:
this is how it sit now:
DSCN5063_zps31119c67.jpg

Latest posts

Back