Taming The Beast - New Beast VS...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Taming The Beast - 4th Video In Beast Series

Rat Rod said:
So how did your legs feel after that little journey?
Legs were fine. Upper body sore from lifting it over several fences though :lol:

I was really amazed at how well this thing did on such a rough surface. A lot of the trail is the original ballast from the railroad which are some pretty big rocks. It's no speed demon with the 22t sprocket but with this trail surface you ain't going fast no matter what.

My GPS track says I averaged 5.8mph but I assume that calculates in my stops playing around.

What was funny though... I had next to no pressure in the tires and whenever I did get on a smooth surface it was so squirrely I could hardly keep it straight. It was less work riding on the rough trail.

When painting the wheels the other day.
beast_wheel_paint.jpg

Re: Taming The Beast - 5th Video In Beast Series

Rat Rod said:
LOL!...AWESOME. :lol:

We finally have closure now.

+1
That was hilarious!

Re: Taming The Beast - 5th Video In Beast Series

ah, you just couldn't leave it alone, huh? :)

i went and poked around your youtube vids. i used to live in chattanooga, but have never been on the riverpark trail - it was built after i left. i need to check it out sometime, but every time i am back in town we are running around doing family stuff full time. and i wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one who has trouble finding trailheads. i have no idea why trail promoters don't make better maps of trailheads and trail routing.

Re: Taming The Beast - 6th Video In Beast Series

Thanks for the comment Bill.

Mongoose Beast? I don't see no Mongoose Beast.
P1140049.JPG

Decided to just give it a camo green paint job as it's pretty durable, easy to touch up and applies better at 50 degree temp than a gloss :lol: .
P1140026.JPG

Today I took the Beast out on another old railroad bed. Here's a short video crossing a bridge on the ties

They should have named this bike Honey Badger not Mongoose Beast.
P1140062.JPG

Last edited:

I was waiting for someone to do this color combo...looks AWESOME! :D

That color combo never occurred to me for some reason :) Looks awesome and fits the ATB category pretty well too, now those freestyle bars have magically transformed into tactical assault bars :mrgreen: Gonna do anything about the seat in the future ?

Latest posts

Back