• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Swingbike Kits

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
image.jpg
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0893.JPG
Update.12/6/16 The top tubes are now notched. These have been shaped, cut and measured based on the original 1970's swingbike frames. I have used this exact method to build dozens of frames. This is most of what you need to complete a frame. The head tubes are stronger than the originals so they will not wallow out. The spring and lock mechanisms will need to be drilled and bent. I will explain that process in the instructions that I will include. You will still need a couple things from a donor bike or two. (Forks, chain stays, bottom bracket...). I am lowering the price to $85 shipped a set for the rest of the year.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    557.6 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_0869.JPG
    IMG_0869.JPG
    314.7 KB · Views: 857
Last edited:
I just updated the original post with current details and a lower price.

For a quick response please pm me with any specific questions. For some reason I did not see some of the replies until several days after they were posted when I looked for this thread.

So, What do I get for $100?
I apologize for the delayed response. I was not getting notified of replies to this thread. The original post has been updated with a photo of what you get. What you will need are two forks with stems and the chain stays with bottom bracket from a donor bike.

IMG_1031.JPG
I bought a few donor parts and spent about an hour this morning cutting, fitting and tacking together most of one of these frames just to show how easy it is to make a decent loooking swingbike frame with one of these kits. Another two or three hours and it could be all welded, test fitted and rideable.

View attachment 40203 I bought a few donor parts and spent about an hour this morning cutting, fitting and tacking together most of one of these frames just to show how easy it is to make a decent loooking swingbike frame with one of these kits. Another two or three hours and it could be all welded, test fitted and rideable.

That's awesome, can't wait to receive the kit, if you can, could you show what kind of bikes you got the chain stay and the forks from? You should be receiving my envelope any day now!... Thanks for the pictures!

I used my very lacking computer skills to put a video together featuring just some of the many bikes finished using these same parts. These frames were all built in my garage at home with minimal equipment. Some of them were finished by people who bought complete frames. Probably the best looking bike in this video was designed and creatively finished by a RRB member and artist (Kram).

I so want one of these......... When, not if, the time comes, I will be in contact.

So with the donor of our choosing this can be any size tire contraption?

And for the less fire wand inclined, do you sell complete frames?

:forum:

In the video you posted, the black one with the mag wheels is my inspiration for my build... I will soon post in the build section some photos as I've been deathly sick since my kit arrived...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back