Swap Meet at the Velodrome Oct 26th. Atlanta GA (Picture)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
"Swap Till You Drop!

October 26th 2013, 2pm till 6pm

DickLane Velodrome's
1889 Lexington Ave
East Point, GA 30344

Swap Till You Drop

Bicycle Swap Meet and Super Fun Day!

We're bringing swapping back to the .... Lane Velodrome!! It's been a number of years since we've swapped it up at the velodrome, but coming up soon we'll be bringing it back for Swap Till You Drop!! Swapping will be the main theme of the day, but we'll also be having some super fun events to help keep folks entertained. Here's the details:

Swap Meet

Selling is open to any individual, shop, rep, team or any other person or group who has cycling stuff they want to be able to find new homes for. Buying of course is open to anyone with cash in their pocket.
Individual Sellers: $5, we'll have drive-in spots(drive your car in, sell from your trunk), and haul in spots available
Shops and Teams: $10, will also have drive-in and haul in spots available
Tables and Chairs: We have a limited number of tables and chairs available for rent if you need it, they will be $5 each piece for the day, and must be reserved in advance.
Reservations must be made, contact Jeff Hopkins [email protected] to reserve your spot

Super Fun Day

The days activities will also include some awesomely fun events, including grass track racing, bike jousting and gold sprints. We will be running a "Swap Meet Triathlon" across those events, with prizes for the highest accumulated points total. $5 entry fee gets you into as many events as you like, as many times as you like!"

http://www.dicklanevelodrome.com/pages/swaptillyoudrop

19773685833400561.jpg

Re: Swap Meet at the Velodrome Oct 26th. Atlanta GA

I guess you should call it Richard Lane

8) If yall like I could get my brushes and plan to be there.

Stingrat said:

You can come set up with me at my booth.

BTW this is not my event! I'm posting this on behalf of the velodrome. I will just be attending 8)

Double Nickle said:
Stingrat said:

You can come set up with me at my booth.

BTW this is not my event! I'm posting this on behalf of the velodrome. I will just be attending 8)

Alright sounds good.

This sounds like fun I am going to try and go....

I'll be there around 2pm to see what all is going on . Bringing a biking buddy with me . FatTires

Made it to the swap meet today . Wish there was more folks there with ballon tire stuff . There were a couple guys . I bought a Schwinn Anniversary 26" coaster brake rim and my buddy bought an old metal headlight . I've lived in the Metro Atlanta area all my life and this was my first time to visit the Velodrome . I'd like to attend more of these if folks know of any more . FatTires

FatTires said:
Made it to the swap meet today . Wish there was more folks there with ballon tire stuff . There were a couple guys . I bought a Schwinn Anniversary 26" coaster brake rim and my buddy bought an old metal headlight . I've lived in the Metro Atlanta area all my life and this was my first time to visit the Velodrome . I'd like to attend more of these if folks know of any more . FatTires

Hey there! I don't know If we met today! I had my balloon tire stuff out for sale today.

Anyways, I host an all antique and vintage bicycle swap meet every year in Dallas GA. Hopefully you can make it out to that next year.

Swap had a very light turnout Saturday, mostly road bike stuff but RRB was represented. Freqman1, Double Nickle, and Joel were all there selling, unfortunately they were the only ones selling vintage. Seeing the velodrome was neat as it's a pretty neat track. I've been in this town for 27 years and never knew it was there. Regardless of the turnout, it was really nice to finally meet Shawn, Tyler, Don, and Joel in person.

Double Nickle (Tyler) & Joel

FatTires (left) & Freqman1 (center)

Here are pics of the .... Lane Velodrome race track.

Hey , I didn't know pictures were being taken . I'm the guy in the third pic looking at the springer fork . FatTires

FatTires said:
Hey , I didn't know pictures were being taken . I'm the guy in the third pic looking at the springer fork . FatTires

Dang, Had I known you were a RRBer, I'd have introduced myself. Tagged you in the pic now.

I didn't mean to sound like there's wasn't any fat tire and old stuff there , the ones that were there had a nice variety of bikes and stuff . Its just that there was so much of the track stuff there , t sorta over shadowed everything.
It was a couple of first for me . One , I'd never been to a bike swap meet , and two, I'd never been to a Velodrome . I enjoyed myself. I'll be watching for more . FatTires

Latest posts

Back