Swamp Dog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Comes
creeping up out of the dirty south . This will be the swamp dog , crust & rust a must on this dirty dog
3142dc0435914bce414dc10a2629d596.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Show me the money, swamper! ;) Did we get a glimpse of that frame on a post from the show in FL? G, I know you will do 'er up well!

Show me the money, swamper! ;) Did we get a glimpse of that frame on a post from the show in FL? G, I know you will do 'er up well!
No but I got a glimpse of your old friend [emoji6] but she didn't look Ratty enough for your likings ! LOL

That swamp dog is an elusive creature.

One piece at a time... :whistle:49, 50, 51, 52 etc., etc

We'll hear is the mystery frame . Picked this up a few mouths ago . Nothing overly special but it is a tank frame . Not positive of the maker of it . The serial # were just about worn off , which was a slight clue . With some help form some of the forum members we narrowed it down to a Ross we believe . Ross serial # were also stamped lightly so that was one of the clues . Along with other ways the frame was built .
Any way it doesn't mater that much because it is a pure rat . With a calibration of some of my favorite vintage bike parts ... Rough & worn rode hard & put up wet . There for the Swamp Dog was born .
5465309b522f40ce80af974d8f3dfe1e.jpg

Love that saddle!!!!
Tankers are always cool.

Got this piece as a gift from local bike shop in Deland Fl . It was the inspiration for the whole build . It was missing the truss rods & rocker arms . It also has a bent head tube but I have a good friend who is a welder . we will cut & and repair it .
I was able to get the truss rods & rocker arms from a guy named tomanybikes . Unfortunately I still need bushings which I didn't know where missing . Guess I will make my own .
206139fb08c4bcea40abbde65b21a76c.jpg

Latest posts

Back