Surly Pug Ops

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I was out over the weekend - yesterday was the first 50+ degree sunny weekend day we've seen in a long while - riding up the familiar trail through town. I took some new photos. There are the first ones to show the bike in its current configuration.
WP_002324_zps3d593042.jpg

WP_002325_zps81791c62.jpg

WP_002327_zps31d61eee.jpg

The sprung Brooks Flyer has found its way back onto my touring bike, where it belongs, so that's been replaced with an undyed Brooks B17 model. The frame bag is new, as are the leather mud flaps (you might note that I'd already drilled the fenders for them in early shots) which match the saddle. The Ergon cork grips match pretty well too. The bag meant I had to use the fork leg braze-ons for the bottle cages. One thing I will say about the latter is that a bottle with a cover over the mouthpiece. Splash from the tires can make the bottle muddy...

No. The bike is powder coated, but the fenders are plastic. Since obviously they can't be powder coated, I had to find a paint that was a decent match. I used Rustoleum from Home Depot, the color is called Oregano. It isn't as close of a match as the pictures suggest, its a slightly browner shade compared to the bike frame. But its close enough to be believable...

Latest posts

Back