SURLY 1X1 CLUNKER BMX BAR HOPPER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this thing with some hard miles on it on CL for super cheap -- Brought it home and started cleaning and bolting on some goodies as they showed up .. It is a medium and I am Large / XL frame kind of guy but for the price I snagged it up anyways as I have enough friends that would want it if I didn't.

I really, really wanted a lowside but could not handle the price tag for a neighborhood hooligan bike .. I think this thing fits the bill now with about $450 invested all in.

Added = Surly Sunrise bars (Super pimp and make the frame ride like a large) + KS eten office chair dropper + charge seat from Amazon + Vans Grips & gum pedals + New set of Tecktro mechanical disks N rotors that I had laying around & some Kenda K-Rad 26 x 2.5 tires .. all of these additions have really made the bike 200% more fun to bash around. Future mods will be a fat wheel & tire combo and new crankset / cog / chain -- as well as some more sticker removal and a new set of decals. Super fun ride been logging some miles on this one!

Before and Current:

Attachments

• SUR.jpg
    SUR.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 561
  • sunrise.jpg
    sunrise.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 448
  • surly.jpg
    surly.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 750
That is sharp! Great choice in bars and tires! (Although some brown Fat Franks would have looked good too with your seat, pedal, and grip choice.) :thumbsup:

That Surly 1X1 frame, besides really putting Surly on the map, was kind of an important bike in the development of the sport as it outgrew it's racing roots. Good find!

I had an old 1998 Rat Ride 1x1 a few years ago. Wished I had kept it. Old school 1x1 frame and fork that predated the Surly brand. It was in very nice original shape, too.

Latest posts

Back