Sturmey Archer Shifter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Can anyone fill me in on this shifter? I am pretty sure the shifter itself is off a Raleigh Chopper, it's a 5 speed shifter. The cover does not seem to match as it has a third slot for something else to come through. I haven't been able to locate anything about it in my searches currently
IMG-20190116-170507.jpg

This 3+2 twin stick shift was used on 10 speed choppers with an SA S5 hub.... I'm pretty sure.
I've tried to find how the 10 speed was setup but I couldn't come across anything, mind you my efforts were limited lol. They will probably end up as display pieces or find their way to the sale pile

May have to sell the cover. It's cracked on the side but does no one any good hoarding it in my basement. I'd rather rare parts be in the hands of those who will use them

I'm still wondering what shifter Bobby has. The gear indicator thingy is where I'm lost. Looks like it should be a 10 speed shifter.

Someone around here must know more about these.

It's a 5-speed rear derailleur with a double chainring yielding a total of ten combinations. The left stick selects the high or low range and the right stick delivers either 1-5 OR 6-10, depending on the left stick's position.

Latest posts

Back