STRiDA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This was literally saved from the landfill. It's amaizing what people will throw out instead of trying to repair. I'm guessing because the saddle mount was missing and the pin that helps secure it was broken, that was the reason it was brought to the dump. Luckily it was pulled aside and sold to me! (It's good to befriend people working there). :)

I've already ordered the parts to fix it and put it back in service. Can't wait to ride it!
100_7027.JPG
100_7028.JPG
100_7029.JPG

Those aren't cheap either. Nice score!

You gotta do a TRM tank mockup in this thing. :D

I am curious what does it look like with a seat.

:nerd: Wow, I initially liked it because it is so unusual, but now I see it also has double disks and a belt drive. And one sided forks on both wheels.

P.S. Just googled strida. It even has an optional mini-rack.

I finally had time to get back on this bike now that the build off frenzy has stopped. I've had the parts sitting in a box for a few weeks now.

IMG_1400.JPG

This thing is super light weight. The steering has a very quick response similar to a scooter but it's easy to adapt to it pretty quickly.
Fun to ride!

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

The STRiDA was perfect for taking to the beach! It folded up small enough to easily pack up and came in very handy for transporting me around.:)
IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1429.JPG

The biggest reason for taking it was to transport myself to and from the gigs that I played. The venue was 1/2 mile from our hotel. The wife and kids had access to the car while I was away both nights.
sandshaker.jpg

It also came in handy for going and picking up carry out pizza!
IMG_1431.JPG

Didn't think to take a picture of it packed in the car but here it is still folded up (back home).
IMG_1439.JPG

Great bike for the small wheel winter build off!
I still think it needs a TRM tank photoshop mockup.
Cool to see you already put it to good use!

I still think it needs a TRM tank photoshop mockup.
As you asked. Not photoshopped though, it's the real thing just taped in place.:happy:
100_7238.JPG

Pretty cool looking actually.:cool2:

Latest posts

Back