Stretchliner-Done. Not "finished", but done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my bike probably doesn't belong in the "finished" section, because there is no finish. But it is done. For now.
Mods: Cut a Western Flyer Spaceliner-type frame, Used tubes from a murry girl's bike to extend lower stays. USed an old ballooner fork to make seatpost tube/seatpost, flipped rattrap springer with extended trusses, 24x3.0 on 24 inch komet coaster rims, Lots of ugly welds... I also reversed the headstock to put the bars back a little. I did this after the pics, and it is in a different state right now, so here ya are...
Plans: grind a few of the welds down, maybe add a few more for looks, wirebrush all the paint off, and wax it, taller apes maybe.. Oh and ride it. :mrgreen:

3237578183_241884462a_b.jpg

3238418412_46825ae003_b.jpg

3237578333_d73f7ef6da_b.jpg

3238418246_67bf8ed067.jpg

That is a RAT ROD!.....No doubt about it. I like it (a lot).

Thanks man. It's one of my favorite bikes to ride right now. It is verry ratty. That's why I'm not trying to paint it or anything else. I'll leave it. Warts and all. :mrgreen:

BankerRAt said:
I Love it! Warts and all. I wouldnt change anything. QUESTION... What size are the tires and how did you fit them?
Tires are 24x3. I heated up the fork tubes with a torch and squeezed them with channellocks to give me fork clearance. On the back, I already had the frame cut apart, so I bolted up my wheel and welded it all back together to fit right.

Great innovation,wish I could weld,must learn.
How does it handle?

Latest posts

Back